Thief-like Games?

May 26, 2001
ohhh a crook in the making.

I am not sure of the game you are referring to, but have you played Gangsters? Lots of illegal activity there

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I loved that game! I might just have to find the second and install a dual-boot (adding Win98se) so I can play it. :D

Ramius

Feb 13, 2001
No One Lives Forever is similar, sneaking around quietly and stuff. But it isn't nearly as hard and is more similar to a first-person shooter. after a while i got tired of sneaking around and just started shooting everyone who walked in front of me :cool:

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
System Shock 2 uses the Dark engine, just like Thief.. and while it's not quite as sneaking, it's made by the same people.. so it is touched with the same stroke of genius as thief.

I personally like SS2 better, but thief is close behind it. And if you mean you just got the sequel and haven't played the first, DEFINITELY get Thief Gold now.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
well the closest things to theif anf thief2 are probably system shock2 and deus ex. The games are still very different though.

DocDoo

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2000
I too love the Theif and Theif 2 games. The fact that go around and try to get through the levels without killing anyone is not as easy as it sounds. I also thought the sounds were unreal!!

I have yet been able to find anything that compares to it. Hope Theif 3 comes out this year...