They're gonna be shocked when they get 30 years in federal prison, instead of 6 months probation.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Not gonna lie, if I could, I would throw cash at a stripper or my neighbors sister-in-law.
But that aint never gonna happen.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Idiots, guess they missed this important message preached by Jimmy from "Goodfellas" about NOT flashing the cash after a huge score,

Reactions: hal2kilo

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Prosecutors say that between March 2020 and October 2021, the men got hold of the names, birth dates and Social Security numbers of 800 people, and used them to submit nearly 1,000 claims to New York State’s Department of Labor for unemployment benefits related to pandemic assistance programs.

While many of the claims were rejected, several hundred were approved, and prosecutors say the men had debit cards containing the benefit payments sent to mailing addresses to which they had access.

These idiots may provide comic relief by providing some nice stereotypical imagery\archetypes that please people who get their wibblies tickled by all the keywords.....but these guys are just the tip of the iceberg.

PUA fraud
Most of the theft has focused on Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, a temporary program created by the federal CARES Act in March. It offers unemployment benefits to workers who don’t ordinarily qualify, like the self-employed, gig workers, freelancers, contractors and part-timers.
Con artists are attracted to a potentially hefty payday — perhaps more than $10,000 or $20,000 per fraudulent claim — and lax security measures initially put in place to rush money to ailing Americans.

The massive sham springs from prior identity theft from banks, credit rating agencies, health care systems and retailers. Fraud perpetrators, sometimes in China, Nigeria or Russia, buy stolen personal identifying information on the dark web and use it to flood state unemployment systems with bogus claims.
The U.S. Justice Department is investigating unemployment fraud by “transnational criminal organizations, sophisticated domestic actors, and individuals across the United States,” said Joshua Stueve, a spokesman for the department’s criminal division.
The Labor Department inspector general’s office estimates that more than $63 billion has been paid out improperly through fraud or errors — roughly 10% of the total amount paid under coronavirus pandemic-related unemployment programs since March.

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Idiots, guess they missed this important message preached by Jimmy from "Goodfellas" about NOT flashing the cash after a huge score,

The mob have been scamming the employment system for decades. They are probably looking at the losers in the original article and mumbling "amateur's".
Always shook my head when wannabe Italians would try and brag about family members who are connected or the ole "I know a guy" bullshit.
Fuck you asshole, your uncle is piece0 of shit criminal gang member.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Prosecutors said the gang was ultimately caught, in part, because members posted numerous pictures and videos of themselves online, flashing gang signs and piles of cash, often while standing in front of luxury cars, including Lamborghini and Mercedes Benz vehicles.
It's amazing how many criminals hang themselves by publicizing their crimes before, during and/or after perpetration. You'd think a sane person wouldn't want people to know. But criminals are seldom if ever sane.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's amazing how many criminals hang themselves by publicizing their crimes before, during and/or after perpetration. You'd think a sane person wouldn't want people to know. But criminals are seldom if ever sane.
Just as amazing is that an investigator watching youtube videos all day is doing a great job.

The world is almost to weird for me.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Just as amazing is that an investigator watching youtube videos all day is doing a great job.

The world is almost to weird for me.
Not almost old man, not almost.

Its definitely whoooshing over your head on an hourly basis.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Pretty sure that's happened before. Been some weirder examples, as well.

A fugitive Italian gangster's urge to show off his cooking skills has landed him in jail after seven years on the run.
Italian police tracked down Marc Feren Claude Biart, 53, through the culinary videos he had uploaded to YouTube.
While he carefully hid his face, he failed to disguise his body tattoos.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
well, professional criminals (i.e. CEO's and major shareholders) are much better at keeping their crimes hidden, and we still caught them. So..... I don't expect much from amateur criminals like murderers and rapists and jaywalkers.