They changed the Simpsons New York episode!!!

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
They eliminated every reference to the World Trade Center! The episode is not nearly as good as it was before. The tower joke (bathroom out of order: Use other tower) was awesome, and they cut it! I'm so upset.

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: XZeroII
They eliminated every reference to the World Trade Center! The episode is not nearly as good as it was before. The tower joke (bathroom out of order: Use other tower) was awesome, and they cut it! I'm so upset.

wtf, when?!?!?!? b/c i have seen that episode more than once after 9/11 and the times i saw it, nothing had changed

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Changing history does not do anything to alleviate the pain from 9/11 and it only serves to ignore the fact that something terrible happened. What the hell?! :|

That pisses me off.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: kleinesarschloch
you've got to be kidding me... that is one of the best episodes EVER.

YUEAH I KNW! goddamn it!!!! booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That really is awful. That episode is the source of a long standing line between me and my friends: "Shaddup the both of yas!"

:disgust: Rewriting history.... I don't understand how someone can get insulted just by seeing representations of the Twin Towers.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Atlantean
I wonder what it will have on the dvd set.

at the rate they're releasing them, the new WTC will be built when we get to that season.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I've seen that ep numerous times since 9/11, never seen it edited. WTF?

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Not long after 9/11, it seemed a lot of people supported these kind of censorship actions. Thank god that mindset didn't last too long :Q

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
anyone able to confirm this? i too have seen the episode a few times after 9/11 and was glad they left that part in there