They bleed pixels

fabiencolombo

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone,
I wanted to present a nice little game I discovered not so long ago.
It's call "They bleed pixel". For all of you who enjoy plateformer and don't know that game already, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this little gem.

So what is that game about? Basically, it's the story of a young girl.
Upon her arrival at a school for troubled girls, she discovers a magic book that will take her on a journey through her nightmares. In her dream, her hands change into claw and she will beat the crap out of every enemies crossing her path. When she finishes a level, the morning comes and she tries to destroy the book responsible for her nightmare. The way she tries to destroy it will influence the next level.
For example, once she tried to burn it, and the next level will be engulf in flames, and so on.

The graphics use the now so famous concept of "pixel art" and is really neat.

And the music is awesome as well (listen to it on my video)

The game mixes devilishly hard platformes with a very nice beat them all system. The higher you combo, the faster a gauge fills up. Once full, you can create a checkpoint.

So basically the better you play, the more checkpoint you'll have. It's a really neat system.

Since I'm not that good at writing reviews, i'll post a short viedo instead.
This is the first chapter after the prologue.

Don't let my awesome skills fool you (nah, actually I suck) the game is really hard.

I didn't show the fighting mechanics that much cause I wanted to make a short video. My upload suck (30Kn/s), so I wanted to go through the level in a short time to reduce the size of the video.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19Mx_prcsU&feature=youtu.be

PS: you can purchase the game on steam