these people have gone way off the deep end...videos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: yellowperil
I suppose if they are overpopulated, killing them instantly would be more humane then letting them starve to death.

Still, I read an article where hunters expressed glee and satisfaction from watching them explode. That seems a little "ill" to me.

When I kill something I dress in black & hold a ceremony for the soul I've released from it's envelope. I also wear a black thong when I eat any meat products or wear leather, so the animal's soul is not disgraced. It's only proper.

Except for those clear plastic/foam packaged steaks that grow on trees, I skip the ceremony for them, they don't involve the killing of an animal, hot dogs are exempt too, they're from noses or assholes of cattle/chickens/pigs anyway, so I skip it.

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
When I kill something I dress in black & hold a ceremony for the soul I've released from it's envelope. I also wear a black thong when I eat any meat products or wear leather, so the animal's soul is not disgraced. It's only proper.

Except for those clear plastic/foam packaged steaks that grow on trees, I skip the ceremony for them, they don't involve the killing of an animal, hot dogs are exempt too, they're from noses or assholes of cattle/chickens/pigs anyway, so I skip it.

To each his own, I am not advocating against the killing of animals (as I said in the last post) when the benefits outweigh the cost. But the stuff on the front page:

"...entertaining and educational..."
Outrageous Humor: including extreme prairie dog acrobatics
seems a lil' sick in my perspective, that's all.

Rapidskies

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
I grew up on a farm and am not a stranger to hunting, though I myself havn't hunted in years. I found (just watched the first one) that video pretty disrespectful. I don't particularly object to "prairie dog" hunting, but to get the most explosive round possible and video tape it while laughing in the background like characters from Deliverance is pretty warped. As someone else pointed out, videos like this will only hurt hunting/gun rights.

OulOat

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Acanthus

Another thing to note is there is no way they are feeling any pain if they are hit in the head. They are dead before they even know they are hurt. When i hunt groundhogs, i make sure i have a clean headshot, or i dont shoot.

Is this really true, because if it is, whytf aren't we shooting death row criminals?!?!?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Why do they fly upward and not forward with the velocity/impact of the bullet, especially given the dog's weight and the bullet's velocity ?

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Sick , sick , sick

:frown:

I can only kill things Im going to eat. and NEVER for sport

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
This is the equivilent of shooting rats.

Prarie dogs are an equivilent of a rat that any one of you would call an exterminator on. They can destroy crops, and in grazing land the holes are known to break a cows leg. They are far from an endangered species. And last I checked, they are a member of the rodent family.

If you're critisizing these guys for shooting them, lets place a bunch of rats in your back yard and see how long it'll take before you kill them.

Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

Prarie dogs are an equivilent of a rat that any one of you would call an exterminator on. They can destroy crops, and in grazing land the holes are known to break a cows leg. They are far from an endangered species. And last I checked, they are a member of the rodent family.

If you're critisizing these guys for shooting them, lets place a bunch of rats in your back yard and see how long it'll take before you kill them.
I won't kill them with a carbon fiber bullet and laugh hysterically as they explode three feet into the air.

notfred is right. People who pull stupid sh!t like this often wonder why people dislike hunters. WTF shouldn't we dislike them!?!

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: jumpr
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

I won't kill them with a carbon fiber bullet and laugh hysterically as they explode three feet into the air.

notfred is right. People who pull stupid sh!t like this often wonder why people dislike hunters. WTF shouldn't we dislike them!?!

What The Fungus is wrong with these guys?

PD Hunting is necessary in many areas, because we've already killed off the predators that kept their populations down. :)() I don't have ANY problems with reducing the population to protect the crops. My issue is, as notfred said, the way they're trying to make it look like playing hide&seek. Good clean fun. Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttttt.

I've been hunting, and there was always a reason for the kill. Whether for food, or extermination of a pest species. But it was never just for sh1tzandgrins.

Redneck a$$hat: "Hey! There's a small furry animal! Wonder what this assault rifle will do to it!"

:Q

AnMig

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
Makes you want to wish there was a real "predator" (movie) starts hunting these people.