There's chocolate milk everywhere.

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
To make a long story short, basically, I got all my school stuff (papers, notes, books, etc.) soaked in chocolate milk. My main problem now, is that I have a paper due on a book, in which I wrote all these notes, and all this stuff in, and, all of that is slowly dissolving a way in a big wave of brown. Also, the pages are beginning to stick together. I shoved stuff between as many pages as I could so they would stop sticking, but I don't have enough stuff. Oh yeah, and this is a new hard cover book, which cost $39.95. So, um, basically, any advice/condolences from the ATOTers? Hurry up, I think I am going to start crying... :(

Yeah, and, one more thing too, since this IS a tech forum, ahh, what do I do to un-milk my calculator? How do I know how much milk is inside?

Worst day ever. Hopefully.

PS

Can they please add a chocolate milk emoticon???

May 31, 2001
Let me guess. You decided to make a whole gallon of chocolate milk, so you took a gallon jug of milk, added chocolate syrup, and put the cap back on. You then proceeded to shake the jug vigorously, only to discover that the cap was not on as tight as you thought.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Wet/dry vacuum on the calculator - case on at first, then off if you think it's really that soaked.

Hair dryer on the book.

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Let me guess. You decided to make a whole gallon of chocolate milk, so you took a gallon jug of milk, added chocolate syrup, and put the cap back on. You then proceeded to shake the jug vigorously, only to discover that the cap was not on as tight as you thought.

Kind of, except that I did the shaking inside of my backpack.

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: rivan
Wet/dry vacuum on the calculator - case on at first, then off if you think it's really that soaked.

Hair dryer on the book.

:thumbsup:

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: theman
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven

Kind of, except that I did the shaking inside of my backpack.

D'oh! Sorry to hear that, man. :( Wish I had some advice to offer on clean-up methods. I bet some other ATOT members have advice about preventing pages from sticking together, though. ;)

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: theman
But even if the pages are dry, they will be sticky right?

Maybe - but sticky is better than stuck together while dried. If you leave them together while they dry, they may end up STUCK, not just sticky. Then you'll need a new book because pulling the pages apart will more than likely make them unreadable.

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
Originally posted by: djheater
Design a bacteria that prefers milk and sugar to paper, you should be golden.

Hey, thanks for the advice, I've already finished creating my plasmid, but I will have to grow the culture over night. Damn, too bad.

Dec 27, 2001
I'd have dumped the backpack and it's contents in a dumpster and bought all new stuff ASAP. The calculator I'd put in the dishwasher and if it surivived I'd keep it, else I'd drop the mad coinage for a new one.

May 31, 2001
Try rinsing off a couple of pages of the book with water, if it's a glossy-type paper. If it fares OK, you may want to try it with the whole book.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
The calculator should opened and generously spritzed with denatured alcohol.

Otherwise there'll be a whole lotta stickiness goin' on.