There's a mobile equivalent for every PC game

zaza

Feb 11, 2015
Halo --- Nova
Need for speed --- Asphalt (as well the nfs most wanted mobile version)
Starcraft --- Starfront: Collision
Dead Space --- Dead Space (new game not port)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare --- Modern Combat
List goes on of course with sports games, hack'n'slash games, mmorpgs, etc. They're all on mobile.
Why am I writing this? To show that mobile gaming is real gaming and it will soon be replacing PCs and consoles as the core gaming experience.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
You mean there's a shameless rip off of each of those games that feels cheap and shallow when compared to them directly? Gotcha.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Halo --- Nova
Need for speed --- Asphalt (as well the nfs most wanted mobile version)
Starcraft --- Starfront: Collision
Dead Space --- Dead Space (new game not port)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare --- Modern Combat
List goes on of course with sports games, hack'n'slash games, mmorpgs, etc. They're all on mobile.
Why am I writing this? To show that mobile gaming is real gaming and it will soon be replacing PCs and consoles as the core gaming experience.

Oh hell no. Mobile apps aren't even close to replacing PCs or console. Unless you mean more people will play mobile game than PC or consoles.

paperwastage

Golden Member
May 25, 2010
PC --- Android
Grand Theft Auto III/VC --- Grand Theft Auto III/VC
Star Wars KOTOR --- Star Wars KOTOR
Max Payne 1 --- Max Payne 1

your point is exactly what?

my mobile phone is roughly a 6-8 year old gaming computer? you're right

but to replace my 2 year old gaming computer? nah

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Multi-player is fundamentally different and worlds apart. Ping me when you can do 4v4 Halo teams.

Sheep

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2006
Just because some people would rather go to McDonald's instead of a steakhouse doesn't make a McDonald's burger in any way equivalent to a well-prepared steak.

zaza

Feb 11, 2015
Just because some people would rather go to McDonald's instead of a steakhouse doesn't make a McDonald's burger in any way equivalent to a well-prepared steak.
FYI, regardless of how well the steak is made, a McDonald's meal is always gonna taste 10 times better. A "well prepared steak" is an acronym for a black piece of chewing gum.

Sheep

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2006
FYI, regardless of how well the steak is made, a McDonald's meal is always gonna taste 10 times better. A "well prepared steak" is an acronym for a black piece of chewing gum.

I meant a steak that's prepared by someone who knows what they're doing.

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
I'm trying to remember when the last time my pc games required me to pay more money because my energy ran out.

Ravynmagi

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2007
I have my iPad Mini 2, Xbox 360, and gaming PC. I play games on all of them and get an different experience. I'm not going to label one better than the other, because they all fill different needs of the moment. I have my iPhone or iPad with me all the time and can play a little of Simpsons Tapped Out or Dungeon Boss. When I'm relaxing on the couch or have some friends out it's Xbox time with Halo. Or when I want to completely disconnect, I'm on my PC with World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, or Rift.

Zodiark1593

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2012
I suppose if you had some bluetooth controllers, and a means of outputting to tv, you'd have a killer Quake 3 split screen party.