There Will Be Blood

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Hopefully not a repost, could find it searching. :p

I saw it last night and can saw it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Just as good as No Country for Old Men. I've haven't heard too much about it, though RT gave it a 90%. The soundtrack was absolutely perfect and gave the movie a real eerie feel.

Thoughts from those that have seen it?

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
You liked No Country for Old Men? I thought that movie was HORRENDOUS!!!! 1st half was good.. then I'm not sure what happened in teh 2nd half (uhh the dialogue with his father??). I could not understand half the words that came out of Tommy Lee. Maybe I thought the movie would be action/drama, not whatever NCFOM was

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
You liked No Country for Old Men? I thought that movie was HORRENDOUS!!!! 1st half was good.. then I'm not sure what happened in teh 2nd half (uhh the dialogue with his father??). I could not understand half the words that came out of Tommy Lee. Maybe I thought the movie would be action/drama, not whatever NCFOM was

You gotta be kidding me. People like you are the reason we have such horrible mainstream movies out these days. Thank god we still have the occasional masterpieces such as There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Liked NCfOM, TWBB, not so much. As in not at all.

Save your money, it will be on PPV this spring.

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
trust me, i like "masterpieces" or whatever you want to call it; just shocked by no country for old men. maybe i wasn't in the mood or whatever, but the movie wasn't what i expected. the last best "mainstream" movie i liked was Last Samurai (batman begins is 2nd). mostly everything else has been garbage

the last 15 mins of No Country was unsatisfying.