Theory on 290X coolers and OOS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Here's a thread at NCIX.CA titled: "NCIX.com - Video card shortages" regarding customer concern about the availability of AMD Video Cards.

Greg*NICX.com is the NCIX Moderator of the forum and has posted a general answer:

Hi Guys,

Due to increased interest in GPU mining, several models of video cards are currently in short supply. Radeon 7950, 7970, & 280X cards specifically due to their popularity among miners, however other models may be affected as well.

Please note we are working diligently to keep any delays to a minimum, but in the meantime orders are being filled on a first come, first serve basis.
I bet AMD breaks all records for the amount of Video Cards sold in one year in 2013 and makes a huge Profit over this Cyber Gold Rush.

Perhaps with the next release of Reference Flagship Cards they will be able to afford to put Hi-Perf Air Coolers on them.

Last edited:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I just slapped a Gelid Icy Vision on mine for now. Will build a custom water cooling loop eventually and add another for Crossfire...