Thefts from Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

buschman31

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
Just want to let everyone know to be careful of putting small items in your mailbox. I was sending PurpleHippo(Jeff) a 775 hsf for mailing cost and about 20min ago had it stolen from the mailbox. I was unable to get a license # but had a police report filed. The value of the item wasnt much but just the thought of someone just going to your mailbox and blantenly stealing your mail is just brazen.

Just be careful Buschman31

This does not belong in FS/T...
Moved to OT...

AT Moderator
Bartman39

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen

Elite Member
Dec 8, 1999
thats reason i dont use my mail box here due to thefts . am afraid to leave my home due thinking of what will happen when i do . crime is high in my area

Jen

buschman31

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
i was getting ready to rma a psu but decided a regional box from the p.o. glad it wasnt in there

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Mailman left a padded envelope on our gate with a piece of batting in it for a small quilt. Just a chunk of fluffy fabric, and some asshat stole it.

Kreon

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2006
In my freshman year of college my parents sent me cards and letters. I really appreciated them, as I had a rough freshman year.

Then I found out I was only getting ~half of them. In total, there were more than a dozen cards and letters missing. I brought the issue to the dean, and my parents called the president's office. Turns out this had been happening rather often to other people. Myself and others narrowed it down to a specific dorm, which meant that someone somewhere was targeting letters to that dorm, or it was one of two people who worked the mail rooms in that dorm. We reported these patterns to the dean, president and head of the mail/shipping/receiving/printing etc. They all said they would investigate further, but did nothing (par for the course of my college unfortunately).

My parents just emailed me after that, which was to bad because an email is not nearly as exciting as a letter or card.

Nov 20, 2009
Just want to let everyone know to be careful of putting small items in your mailbox. I was sending PurpleHippo(Jeff) a 775 hsf for mailing cost and about 20min ago had it stolen from the mailbox. I was unable to get a license # but had a police report filed. The value of the item wasnt much but just the thought of someone just going to your mailbox and blantenly stealing your mail is just brazen.

Just be careful Buschman31

This does not belong in FS/T...
Moved to OT...

AT Moderator
Bartman39
My problem is the mail carriers mis-delivering mail on an almost daily basis in my area. I've had one carrier fired, and a supervisor re-assigned in the past decade.

One carrier even lied about mis-delivering an item from Amazon. Was directed by her boss to go back to the similar and ask fo it. Claimed they did, but other address resident said, "no she didn't".

With Saturday deliveries going away that is one day less chance of mis-deliveries. Last month I had someone's mortgage, back statements, credit card bill, etc. for three residents in my neighborhood with different street names and house numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.