The world's best wife

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: radioouman
you guys are amazing. My wife is great, but I hardly talk to her... just too busy.

but when the divorce papers arrive she'll be the evil biatch who done you wrong right?

never become so "busy" that you take your SO for granted.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
okay, maybe I'm misreading this, but is your wife trying to get ASUS to replace the board for free or send a replacement quickly, which of course you will pay for? I'm not sure why go to ASUS when you can get another board from Newegg or Fry's or some other retailer, unless you are trying to get ASUS to pick up the tab for your mistake.

Don't bitch-slap me, just trying to figure out what she is doing.

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
you guys are amazing. My wife is great, but I hardly talk to her... just too busy.

but when the divorce papers arrive she'll be the evil biatch who done you wrong right?

I don't take her for granted. I tell her that I love her. She and just have our own lives in the evenings and we work in totally different jobs during the day that we have little in common to talk about when we do have time to sit down and talk to each other.

THis is the "world's best wife" thread, so my wife is the best.

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Quixfire
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: Quixfire
My wife watches our three childern, keeps the house in order, does the laundry, cooks dinner, helps with te household budget, works part-time, and plays World of Warcraft with me.

She is the best thing that has ever happen to me.
what did you allot as her weekly shopping allowance though ? :)
The agreed weekly limit is $200, but she rarely spends that amount on food, gas, or household supplies. Plus she brought her own copy of World of Warcraft. :)

$200 a week ? my household goes thru $600 a month just for groceries.
She is a very frugal shopper and make a lot meals from scatch.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999

I don't take her for granted. I tell her that I love her. She and just have our own lives in the evenings and we work in totally different jobs during the day that we have little in common to talk about when we do have time to sit down and talk to each other.

Go back and re-read that. Doesn't sound good for your marriage, but, to each their own. I understand what you are saying, it just sounds really bad for a relationship. Sort of in 'cruise control' which you can't depend on forever. Perhaps that's just short term situation as you are both working towards a goal, obviously we don't know. So...

I'm not giving advice, just agreeing with Geekbabe that the way you describe things, it doesn't sound healthy. Doesn't mean your wife isn't great, or happy, but, I suspect that if you kept things status-quo eventually you'll both be upset.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003

i wouldn't be happy living like that....

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
This is the best wife story ever. You have what many would consider to be the best wife ever. It's not the nerd thing of her actually caring about your computer, either, it's just her offering to help in whatever way she can when things go wrong. That's incredible.

Now, if she drink Guinness and likes sex, she's the most perfect woman ever invented. :thumbsup: :beer:

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
My wife is the bestest:

1) She takes care of the house and kids and is the best Mom I've ever met. :)

2) She loves scifi and fantasy. She's seen more STNG than I have and we really like the new Battlestar Galactica series. She got me Assimov's foundation series, because I hadn't read it and she had, she knew I'd like it. Etc.

3) We have an excellent and completely fulfilling sexual relationship

4) She's my best friend

5) Her family rocks, I love them too.

6) She loves science, has her degree in biology, will be going back for her masters soon. Is an awesome 'A' average student, and wants to teach college so that our kids can go for free.

I don't know, it's pretty much everything about her, she's just great.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I'd smack her for getting in my business... j/k

I'm jealous now. Can I borrow your wife?

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
My wife is the best.
She never complains or nags me, is always home waiting for me. Doesn't spend a dime of my money, listens to every word I say, and I can deflate her and store her under the bed.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: CPA
okay, maybe I'm misreading this, but is your wife trying to get ASUS to replace the board for free or send a replacement quickly, which of course you will pay for? I'm not sure why go to ASUS when you can get another board from Newegg or Fry's or some other retailer, unless you are trying to get ASUS to pick up the tab for your mistake.

Don't bitch-slap me, just trying to figure out what she is doing.

No bitch slaps waiting in the wings. :) What I ended up deciding on doing was just picking up a replacement board on the way home tonight ($130cdn for A7N8X deluxe, ouchy?). I'll RMA the fubar'd board and see what happens. Most likely I'll be taking it up the A with a soft C. Not too familiar with the process really... I think I RMA'd something in like 1995.

And thanks for the compliments on the wife guys. And kudos to those who have similarly found their angel.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: yoda291
My wife is the best.
She never complains or nags me, is always home waiting for me. Doesn't spend a dime of my money, listens to every word I say, and I can deflate her and store her under the bed.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now.

LOL you just reminded me of Frank the Tank in Old School... "I wasn't going to throw you in the trash. I was just saying that around the guys." LOL!