The Witcher

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lumathix

Golden Member
Mar 16, 2004
This is EXACTLY how I feel about this game. What a piece of crap. And I love RPGs.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I didn't like the demo either, but a lot of people like the game, I might give it a try later.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
For what it is worth... I played through the witcher demo and thought it was crap, too.

And I love rpg's.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
I thought the demo was crap, and the first couple hours of the game were bad enough that I just uninstalled it. Recently, one of my friends was going on and on about how great it was yada yada so I reinstalled it. I am certifiably addicted to it now. I'm loving the story.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
According to this thread, in order to truly enjoy the Witcher, you have to first think that game is crap. Only on hte second round will the game be enjoyable. :p

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Canai
I thought the demo was crap, and the first couple hours of the game were bad enough that I just uninstalled it. Recently, one of my friends was going on and on about how great it was yada yada so I reinstalled it. I am certifiably addicted to it now. I'm loving the story.

Yep, the first couple hours kinda suck. Then it gets awesome. I love how the choices you make actually affect what happens. Geralt likes to preach neutrality, though.