The Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold, Releases In 3 Weeks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
I have to say that after seeing those screenshots the game is hard to pass. I'm new at RPG's, just played ME2 and DA2 and I enjoyed both of them. The first play-through for each lasted about a week for me which is pretty good in my book.

Never played the first Witcher, but I'm probably going for the second. I'm tired of 4-6 hours FPS games and the 50-60$ price tag slapped on them.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
16GB of hard drive space? Is this thing going to ship in 2 DVDs? That's beast or magical compression.

Stumben2

Jan 13, 2006
Well my amd 4400 and nvidia 8800 GT my finally find a game that kills me.

But I sure as heck am not upgrading just for one game. And as much as I am excited about it, recent RPGS are such a disapointment. It is really getting repetitive. More dialogue options to click through doesn't make a good rpg alone.

I loved the first Witcher however and confident this game will not totally suck like DA2 at least.

Dekasa

Mar 25, 2010
I have to say that after seeing those screenshots the game is hard to pass. I'm new at RPG's, just played ME2 and DA2 and I enjoyed both of them. The first play-through for each lasted about a week for me which is pretty good in my book.

Never played the first Witcher, but I'm probably going for the second. I'm tired of 4-6 hours FPS games and the 50-60$ price tag slapped on them.

You should definitely get and play through the first one. If nothing else, the Witcher is a "different" game, lots of people love or hate it, not too many in the middle. Buying the first might tell you you hate the style and save a few bucks.

Also, the first one was AMAZING, as long as you have a real attention span. As for length, I think I spent about 80 hours in my first Witcher runthrough, and I definitely missed a lot.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Can't be worst then DA2,I'm looking foward to this game, however I just hope my PC can run it ,if not then I have to wait for BullDozer before I decide on CPU/Board for my new PC :) .

Can't be harder to run than DA2 either; Crysis is easier to run in comparison.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I'm looking forward to this, although I want to finish the first one before I do. About half way through at the moment but my desire to continue has sort of left as of late.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Does anyone know if the US version will be censored like the first?

I'd be a bit sour if they did it like the first game, where they release patches many months down the line to uncensor the game.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Where is everyone pre-ordering from?

I pre-ordered through Steam, just for the sake of having it on Steam and because I'm not a DRM stickler. However, the other best place to pre-order it would be through GOG.com, where it comes with absolutely no DRM whatsoever. Every other version, like on Steam, or boxed, will have some form of DRM.

GOG.com said:
Is The Witcher 2 really going to be completely DRM free? It's a brand-new game!
Yes. We will never sell our customers games with DRM and GOG.com is the one and only place to get The Witcher 2 without any form of DRM.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Thank God this releases soon. There is fuck-all to play right now, especially with modern FPS's taking less time to complete than a rough bowel movement.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
What bizarre parallel universe do you live in where there is "fuck-all to play right now"?

The one where the last decent RPG released was Dragon Age 2, which lacked replay value. Go back 12 months and it's pretty much Dragon Age 2 and a handful of MMO's and DLC's.

The only thing else out right now that I'd pay full price for is Portal 2 and maybe Crysis 2. I guess if you're into strategy, Indie games and mediocre shooters you've got tons of selection.

Anneka

Jan 28, 2011
haven't play the game in a while but although i won't buy the gold version this post made me think about it. Good thing the weekend is coming :p

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Cant wait for this game,just finished the witcher enhanced and ended up loving it after a few failed attempts to get into the game.the game comes good after a few hours,also thought the voice acting was hilarious in parts(in a good way).

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
Well, I'm excited. The downside is when Witcher2 comes out I won't have time anymore for World of Tanks! :)

terry107

Dec 8, 2005
There is a new trailer showing off the environments - check it out here. (be sure and watch in HD)

That trailer looks amazing. I seriously cannot wait for this game. Next week is going to be hell knowing that it is so close but not yet available.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Cant wait for this game,just finished the witcher enhanced and ended up loving it after a few failed attempts to get into the game.the game comes good after a few hours,also thought the voice acting was hilarious in parts(in a good way).

Me too!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
There is a new trailer showing off the environments - check it out here. (be sure and watch in HD)

That trailer looks amazing. I seriously cannot wait for this game. Next week is going to be hell knowing that it is so close but not yet available.

That trailer was awesome, I can not wait for this game.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
D2D is having a 25% off promo on pre-order now so I can get Witcher 2 for 33.71. I wanted to get the DRM-free version from gog, but at this price it is really tempting. Decision decision....

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Looks awesome! I'm kind of looking forward to getting done with TW1 so I can get on to TW2, although I wonder if I should do a vid card upgrade.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
D2D is having a 25% off promo on pre-order now so I can get Witcher 2 for 33.71. I wanted to get the DRM-free version from gog, but at this price it is really tempting. Decision decision....

personally, i'm gonna go with gog.com so there's no DRM and CDProjekt gets as much $$ as possible, so they can keep making awesome games.