The Witcher 2 graphic issues

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Well, I'm no techie, but I do know that Witcher 2 needs at least 2 gig graphics memory to run at decent settings. I have Witcher 2 running on oc CPU 4.4 and MSI Radeon Hawk, 7870 also oc. It looks like your graphics card is not up to the task. At least, that is my opinion.

nakkazza

Feb 10, 2013
hmm...I'll try it with lower settings to see if it changes anything...but I dont think it is the problem since all new games on this rig including far cry 3, hitman absolution, sleeping dogs, dishonored etc run on ultra/max setings easily...also didnt set Witcher to ultra, it is on high right now

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
Yeah, try that, and also a few older versions of the driver.

To be honest, though, it looks to me like your card might be failing on you. You could try to lower the clock speed and then, maybe, the voltage and see what happens; If the problems stop, then it's definitely the card.

edit: but first you should probably check your card temperature :D

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Yeah, try that, and also a few older versions of the driver.

To be honest, though, it looks to me like your card might be failing on you. You could try to lower the clock speed and then, maybe, the voltage and see what happens; If the problems stop, then it's definitely the card.

edit: but first you should probably check your card temperature :D

My thoughts as well. If you're OCing the card, stop. And monitor the temperature. Not sure what the Ti 560 should be running at, have to google for that. Might be worth it to remove the cooler and clean the die, and re-attach the cooler with some good thermal compound.

nakkazza

Feb 10, 2013
temps are fine, range is from 50-67 depending on which game I play(gtx 560 ti should run fine even over 80 deegrees), I havent done any overclocking and it is a new card, less then a month old. As is the whole configuration. Might be just drivers...at least I hope so :biggrin:
also been playing Dishonored yesterday for about 5 hours straight, no problem whatsoever...

Last edited:

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
RMA the card, it has problems. Also graphics settings in a game cannot "break" a card:rolleyes:. If that happens the card was broken in the first place.

nakkazza

Feb 10, 2013
RMA the card, it has problems. Also graphics settings in a game cannot "break" a card:rolleyes:. If that happens the card was broken in the first place.

I might RMA it but this is the only case where it happens...Been playing a little bit of Far Cry 3 just now(on ultra) and everything was fine...I'm confused :confused:...I think I will just uninstall The Witcher and problem solved for now :biggrin: if something like this happens again then RMA it is