• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

The which drill or what to do Q

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
Just an updated. I end up giving my dad all my old li ion batteries, the direct fit ones. I found a 5amp hr battery kit + charger + bag for 80 on ebay, half the price of amazon. Order that and a generic adapter. It just looks weird but works.

Now to figure out how to get this working for my dewalt 14v. As I understand there is no adapter, might be a hack or something

purbeast0

Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I bought a Ryobi drill and hammer drill combo kit from HD like 8 years ago and I still use that thing constantly with no problems. I just use it for stuff around the house but it's never really given me problems.

There are some things that were tough like when I built my sons sandbox that consisted of 3 6x6 stacked on top of eachother, and I used a long drill bit to make pilot holes all the way through. It took a lot of elbow grease to get those pilot holes drilled.

Then a couple weeks ago I setup my camera doorbell and had to drill from inside my house through the wall and through brick, and while I had a masonry drill bit that was 12" long, it still required me to put some shoulder into it.

In the end though it's always gotten the job done.

ASK THE COMMUNITY