THE WAR IS OVER ~ 1000s CHEER AMERICAN FORCES IN DOWNTOWN BAGHDAD AND THROW FLOWERS..... Looting in Baghdad

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Outstanding Rogue, g/f's cousin is with the 3rd as well. I am hoping to sit down and have long talk with him when he gets back about his experiences there. Unfortunately they all probably have blood on their hands, they have been through heavy fighting all the way to Baghdad. Thankfully they were also part of what happened today so their guilt will be tempered by the positive scenes they saw today.

Jan 31, 2002
Congratulations, Mr Hussien.

Here's your honourary degree from "U Ma Bitch"!

/me wonders what the local peaceniks will say at their rally this saturday! :D

- M4H

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
You do realize none of the people in Iran even got to see any of this...

Where are those that cry about the bias of western media? The Arab world made no effort to show their own people celebrating. I guess showing Arabs cheering for american forces would just be propaganda........

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
*Sigh* Baghdad is gonna be a bloodbath. You will have old men, old ladies, children... all fighting and willing to give their lives to repel the devils invading their city. George W. Bush will have a lot of blood on his hands.
Two guesses who posted that. ;) And no guesses as to whether or not he'll ever admit to the possibility of being wrong.

It's a good day. I'm glad for those people. It's about time they caught a break.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Did you see them dragging Saddam's head through the street? That was the one from the statue at Fordis Square.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I'm glad that thousands are out celebrating. But lets remember that this is a town of 5 million. This war is far from over, the war will include proving to these people that we won't back out from them again.

FreeSpeech

Banned
Apr 9, 2003
Alistar, head cheerleader for the Coalition team. Go team! You look awful in that cheerleader skirt though, buddy. ;)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Down goes another Saddam statue....... :beer: They even painted USA on the base, I'm, sure our troops appreciate their gratitude......:D

The "unminded" reporter on scene for cnn has been talking to hundreds and has yet to find ONE that isn't estatic Saddam and the Baath Party is gone, sounds like another solid 100%, amazing what even the freedom of speech will change. ;)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Originally posted by: Marshallj
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Nice to see it go. Dont whack off yet though guys.

Sounds like things are beginning to fold over there.

You might as well let us hear the rest of you anti-war rhetoric now, because you're about to be on the losing side of the argument.

yes now would be the time to use your WMD (weapons of mass disinformation).....;)

Losing side of what argument? I doubt that many have the wit to be able to accurately relatate what my argument against this war has been. This is pretty much what I expected to see. Patience children. Remember I said the war would be easy. Many of my objections were based on moral arguments about launching our own Pearl Harbor. Well, that is rather moot now isnt it? In any case, let the Iraqis have their fun. They earned it.

Another thread where Hayabusarider states he knows we are seen as liberators as he just claimed he has been saying all along...

Here are some of his comments on how "easy" he thinks this war will be.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=52&threadid=1014011&highlight_key=y&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=">A thread asking if you think the war will be easy, notice his response..."Will all those who posted some comment or started a thread to the effect that the Iraqis would throw down their weapons and surrender faster than the French please step forward so we can see you?" RIGHT HERE Hay, just like you are trying to claim now.
</a>

Ok those are 3 random threads out of 5 I looked at where you contradicted what you JUST claimed was your position all along. I guess you must have been right, I just dont have the "wit" to understand your superior intellect, errr, hypocrisy, pardon us, we are only "children".

pwned!!!

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Did you see them dragging Saddam's head through the street? That was the one from the statue at Fordis Square.
Did anbody notice that they stole our chain?