The War against Terrorism in Afghanistan???

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Please see the link below.

The main video apparently has stopped loading now, but there are clips at the bottom of the page.

Not a Democratic or a Republican opinion, I just want to see how all of you can discredit this documentary and also how after watching this, you can call US Soldiers heroes.

Link

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
And they call Saddam a monster. Where are your high morals now oh mighty war mongers? Is that stupid redneck Toby Keith going to sing a song to commemorate this event as well?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I don't get any clips. These eyewitnesses might be the same that say that the Jews are stealing their penises :D

Kind of hypocritical that the Europeans eat this up after what they've done in this world though. Doesn't excuse the soldiers if it is true, which I doubt. Bad things happen in war, too.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
There are more clips at the bottom of the page and they are in working condition as of November 9, 5am Central Time.

How simple it is for CanOWorms to pass judgment on the eyewitnesses while a proven liar (aka George Bush) doesnt cross his mind. I think you missed the entire part of 3000 Afghan murders if your main concern is European hypocrisy.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
No video, No pictures and you my boy is a liar when you say you are not a dem. or rep. also if it wasn't for mean old US soldiers you wouldn't be here now

I watched the video or 15 minutes of it anyway, Got bored, Yes you have to take the words of the taliban and germans, I guess US soldiers are guilty till proofed other wise, Somethings never change.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
yeah, this requires crap realplayer, dont have that and dont want to have that

DoubleL,
the crystal ball theory doesnt work, never has

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
The film provides eyewitness testimony that U.S. troops were complicit in the massacre of thousands of Taliban prisoners during the Afghan War.

Assuming this is true, I really dont care. I still only get big fat red X's... Over my dead body am I downloading that Real Player Bloatware...

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The film provides eyewitness testimony that U.S. troops were complicit in the massacre of thousands of Taliban prisoners during the Afghan War.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming this is true, I really dont care. I still only get big fat red X's... Over my dead body am I downloading that Real Player Bloatware...

I certainly understand your disdain for REAL's crap but your statement is rather incredulous. The average Taliban tool likely knew little to nothing about the 9/11 attacks. Regardless of your opinion of their religious or geopolitical practices, most of the Taliban likely minded their own business (subjugating women and destroying Buddhist landmarks). How are the deaths of thousands of innocent (maybe) people in Afghanistan any less important than the thousands of lives lost on 9/11?

Our country will forever be accountable for all deaths in Afghanistan that occurred under the banner of "defeating terrorism". Any ambiguity in our actions deserves proper criticism and if indicated . . . rebuke.

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
This was reported years ago. The Northern Alliance was in command. I doubt after the prison revolt in Maser-E-Sharef (sp?) they were going to take any chances.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
DoubleL:
No video, No pictures and you my boy is a liar when you say you are not a dem. or rep. also if it wasn't for mean old US soldiers you wouldn't be here now

I am not even registered to vote, so spare yourself from calling me names. And what do US Soldiers have to do with me being here?

I dont think this documentary was either funded by the Taliban OR the German government. Please open up your mind.

privatebreyer
This was reported years ago. The Northern Alliance was in command. I doubt after the prison revolt in Maser-E-Sharef (sp?) they were going to take any chances.

Based on your inference, is the United States responsible for replacing one "brutal, oppressive regime" (Taliban) with a murderous one (Northern Alliance)? Is this the sort of democracy, liberty and freedom that the US and its citizens speak about?

By the way, Mazar-e-Sharif was also a massacre of human beings. Please read:
Link
Link2
Please note both articles come from the Associated Press.

Is this the sort of "chance" you are talking about?

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Sultan
privatebreyer

Based on your inference, is the United States responsible for replacing one "brutal, oppressive regime" (Taliban) with a murderous one (Northern Alliance)? Is this the sort of democracy, liberty and freedom that the US and its citizens speak about?

Link
Link2

Ah yes, The-US-is-evil-cause-the-Northern-Alliance-is-evil-because-the-Taliban-is-evil defense. Clever but very unoriginal.

The US used local forces. You can't pick and choose among local forces. Afgans liberating Afganistan. Now that the world has its foot in the door, maybe we can civilize them. But its still a hell of a lot better than the Taliban.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002

privatebreyer

Link
Link2

Ah yes, The-US-is-evil-cause-the-Northern-Alliance-is-evil-because-the-Taliban-is-evil defense. Clever but very unoriginal.

The US used local forces. You can't pick and choose among local forces. Afgans liberating Afganistan. Now that the world has its foot in the door, maybe we can civilize them. But its still a hell of a lot better than the Taliban.

privatebreyer

Maybe your history isnt so good. It was the United States who set up the Taliban to wage "Jihad" against the Soviet forces.

You cant pick and choose among local forces but you can divide and conquer. And then turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed under your war and occupation.

Is the slaughter of 3000 Afghans called liberation in your dictionary? Would you care to make the same analogy for the WTC bombing? :disgust:

By world you mean...? The only thing I see the United States doing in that country is building the pipeline from Caspian through Afghanistan to the port city of Karachi.

And to what comparision is it better than the Taliban? Please see:
Link
Link2
Link3

Please understand I am not saying that the Taliban were angels. Understand the difference.

So the Taliban were evil and the Northern Alliance, who were just local forces were also evil. That leaves the US as merciful angels. Can you be any more biased?

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002

privatebreyer

Link
Link2

privatebreyer

Maybe your history isnt so good. It was the United States who set up the Taliban to wage "Jihad" against the Soviet forces.

You cant pick and choose among local forces but you can divide and conquer. And then turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed under your war and occupation.

Is the slaughter of 3000 Afghans called liberation in your dictionary? Would you care to make the same analogy for the WTC bombing? :disgust:

By world you mean...? The only thing I see the United States doing in that country is building the pipeline from Caspian through Afghanistan to the port city of Karachi.

And to what comparision is it better than the Taliban? Please see:
Link
Link2
Link3

Please understand I am not saying that the Taliban were angels. Understand the difference.

So the Taliban were evil and the Northern Alliance, who were just local forces were also evil. That leaves the US as merciful angels. Can you be any more biased?

I never said that the NA was full of angels either. The point is our war was with Al-quida and its Taliban buddies. The NA was the rebel group that was already engaged in theater, and we supported them to oust the Taliban. We were in no position to decide how the NA acted in its war. They did not report to us. We got together, decided were fighting for the same thing, and we brought what was avaible to the table.

While your at, why not blame the US for atrocities commited by Soviet forces in the drive to Berlin.