The utilities are the next entities that need a correction...(So Cal DWP fiasco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
So as the Metropolitan Water District was recently slapped in the last few years, so here we go again with the DWP.

DWP in Los Angeles wants to raise rates ELEVEN percent on its customers while also paying significantly higher wages to its employees with almost NO accountability for those actions. City council to investigate and decide whether they will be allowed to do so. (Here we go again with unions vs taxpayer......or in this case rate payer)

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-ladwp-salaries,0,7028625.story

http://ronkayela.com/2012/02/carpenters-dwp-102732-general.html

Clowns like Bernard (I want a 6 figure renovation done on my offices while folks sit jobless) Parks and Mayor Tony (I'm the governor and I knew x3) Villaraigoosegg are spending whores themselves but I am happy to see that they are putting DWP on notice.

For the record, the union head for DWP says the numbers are skewed and they're really not all that bad. (is it any surprise?)

Reason I say all of this is that these utilities are the next 400lb gorilla in the room that we all need to address. Who else can do such things with their rates? Who else dips into the pockets of almost every soul in their district not unlike municipal, county, state and federal heads? ANSWER = UTILITIES!!!

Keep an eye in your local utilities. Make sure your representatives and councilmen keep them honest!!!

:thumbsup:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Well in all honesty water prices need to jump exceptionally in this area. It is very very under priced and that's causing us to kustsay fuck it to conservation. Which sucks because we've been running a water deficit for decade or more now

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
So as the Metropolitan Water District was recently slapped in the last few years, so here we go again with the DWP.

DWP in Los Angeles wants to raise rates ELEVEN percent on its customers while also paying significantly higher wages to its employees with almost NO accountability for those actions. City council to investigate and decide whether they will be allowed to do so. (Here we go again with unions vs taxpayer......or in this case rate payer)

Clowns like Bernard (I want a 6 figure renovation done on my offices while folks sit jobless) Parks and Mayor Tony (I'm the governor and I knew x3) Villaraigoosegg are spending whores themselves but I am happy to see that they are putting DWP on notice.

For the record, the union head for DWP says the numbers are skewed and they're really not all that bad. (is it any surprise?)

Reason I say all of this is that these utilities are the next 400lb gorilla in the room that we all need to address. Who else can do such things with their rates? Who else dips into the pockets of almost every soul in their district not unlike municipal, county, state and federal heads? ANSWER = UTILITIES!!!

Keep an eye in your local utilities. Make sure your representatives and councilmen keep them honest!!!

Wrong, unlike private utilities which have no accountability to the people they service, Municipal Utilities are accountable, they are accountable because if you don't like what they are doing you can just vote the people in charge out of office.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Wrong, unlike private utilities which have no accountability to the people they service, Municipal Utilities are accountable, they are accountable because if you don't like what they are doing you can just vote the people in charge out of office.

No. You can vote the governor out sometimes, but in a hugely democrat area that's often impossible or at best unlikely. You vote one crony out, and another takes his place. See Detroit, Chicago, etc. The real problem is you can NOT vote out bureaucrats. They are there forever, making their 500,000 salary sitting in their million dollar offices on the public's dime. This is the sort of corrupt behavior that is endemic to government (and government-sponsored monopolies too).

JohnnyGage

Feb 18, 2008

LA could have a retarded monkey as mayor and said monkey would be doing a better job than Tony Villar.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
No. You can vote the governor out sometimes, but in a hugely democrat area that's often impossible or at best unlikely. You vote one crony out, and another takes his place. See Detroit, Chicago, etc. The real problem is you can NOT vote out bureaucrats. They are there forever, making their 500,000 salary sitting in their million dollar offices on the public's dime. This is the sort of corrupt behavior that is endemic to government (and government-sponsored monopolies too).

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.