The US is evil.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
I'm fairly certain there is a section in the Geneva Convention that says that the occupying force cannot torture the general populace with rap music.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Do they even know what rap music is? ;) I suppose it's better than playing pop music over the airwaves. They might want to consider some Barney songs to promote peace. ;)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Sharkmeat
I get tortured ever day at stop lights with RAP so why can't they get tortured.

:D

So true!

You never hear like, smooth jazz being blasted at stop lights.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
They should have had Weird Al record another "amish paradise" like parody about saddam. That definately could have been funny.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard
Do they even know what rap music is? ;) I suppose it's better than playing pop music over the airwaves. They might want to consider some Barney songs to promote peace. ;)

Actually, I have heard of Arabic rap music before. There was one from a Palestinian which was encouraging anti-Israeli activity or something like that. Not that all Arabic rap is like that, that's just the one I heard about earlier.

Barney? I see a great episode: "Barney juggles unexploded ordnance"! I'd buy that video.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I can see it now. In a month or so, a soldier/sailor/airman/marine carries around a walkman or boombox while in-country. He/she flips the channel.............

"This is the Tower of Power, AFN - Iraq. The following are public service announcements. Make sure you have no ammunition or contraband before boarding MAC flights at Baghdad Airport. Air Force personnel, please remember to de-register your POVs with the Provost Marshall in Baghdad at least 14 days before PCS. Army personnel need not worry about this regulation as you shouldn't be authorized a POV anyway. If you have questions, see your unit commander or 1SG. We now return you to the Charlie Tuna Show."

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
The real question is: Did the US find this rapper somewhere on the street and decide to put him on, or did we put out a contract to whoever could do the best English/Arabic spoof rap song making fun of Saddam?

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: burnedout
I can see it now. In a month or so, a soldier/sailor/airman/marine carries around a walkman or boombox while in-country. He/she flips the channel.............

"This is the Tower of Power, AFN - Iraq. The following are public service announcements. Make sure you have no ammunition or contraband before boarding MAC flights at Baghdad Airport. Air Force personnel, please remember to de-register your POVs with the Provost Marshall in Baghdad at least 14 days before PCS. Army personnel need not worry about this regulation as you shouldn't be authorized a POV anyway. If you have questions, see your unit commander or 1SG. We now return you to the Charlie Tuna Show."
Uh Oh, you are showing your age there :D

No more Military Airlift Command (MAC), it's Air Mobility Command (AMC isn't that a cable movie channel?) now.