The Unintelligible Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam..on deck for a dixie chicking ??

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
A dozen fans walking out of a show from a band that doesn't depend on airplay is not really the same thing as what happened to the D.C.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
I never liked Pearl Jam to begin with. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't put out a good album since 10.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hey for a group whose career has been in a downward spiral for the last few years any publicity is good publicity. I seriously doubt that their fans give a sh!t what some Yellow Journalist like Matt Drudge says. Frankly I would have been surprised if they had taken a different stance. Personally I could give a good god damn what some musician thinks about current events as their opinions on such matters has never been an important criteria when it comes to purchasing (Downloading) their material.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Whether we support the war or not, we can generally agree on the fact that Bush is a idiot.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Whether we support the war or not, we can generally agree on the fact that Bush is a idiot.

No we can't

But I can agree that you're an idiot.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Why would they be in for a dixie chicking? I'm not sure there are any conservative Pearl Jam fans. Vedder has let his beliefs be known for years.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
since Pearl Jam is aiming for the "loser punk laying in the streets because he's too stupid/stoned to be informed about the war" demographic, it might not turn out too bad for them.

The Dixie Chicks try for the "republican conservative neveau redneck" demographic and basically destroyed their link to their fanbase.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Criminy, does anyone REALLY care what celebrities think? These are people who spend their lives living in the laps of luxury and are typically too busy powdering their noses or fluffing their egos to stick their head to the ground and realize what's going on in the world.

I think after Hanoi Jane we should realize that some celebrities don't possess the mental scruples to hold informed opinions on these sorts of matters.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah Pearl Jam was never about the "dumbass idiots who believe the marketing campaign that Bush has laid on them and go along like mindless sheep no matter how many are killed and can't be bothered to be informed about the war" demographic.

Where the Dixie chicks fan base was made up of "dumbass rednecks with no taste in music and only a few brain cells" and really shot themselves in the foot.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
those guys are still together?

That was sort of my point, they still play arenas and still put out gold albums despite the fact that Joe Sixpack has forgotten them. Their fans are their fans, and this isn't really news to anyone who's followed the band for a while.

dudleydocker

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
Criminy, does anyone REALLY care what celebrities think?

This has been my position even before the war "divided" the country. I like Cheryl Crow, but I could give a flying fvck what she thinks of George Bush. Same for Mister Eddie. Shut the hell up and do what has made you your millions! There are enough Geraldos already in the media, who, rather than just report the news, feel they are important enough to make it as well. not to get off track, but I've always said, when the journalists start interviewing each other, you no longer need to pay attention.....

calpha

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: dudleydocker
Criminy, does anyone REALLY care what celebrities think?

This has been my position even before the war "divided" the country. I like Cheryl Crow, but I could give a flying fvck what she thinks of George Bush. Same for Mister Eddie. Shut the hell up and do what has made you your millions! There are enough Geraldos already in the media, who, rather than just report the news, feel they are important enough to make it as well. not to get off track, but I've always said, when the journalists start interviewing each other, you no longer need to pay attention.....

Exactly.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

No we can't!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
Why would they be in for a dixie chicking? I'm not sure there are any conservative Pearl Jam fans. Vedder has let his beliefs be known for years.

ummm, I am conservative and I like Pearl Jam's music. In fact, if I let my politics into my music tastes, then I probably wouldn't have much to listen to at all., well maybe I could listen to Creed 24/7.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: BDawg

ummm, I am conservative and I like Pearl Jam's music. In fact, if I let my politics into my music tastes, then I probably wouldn't have much to listen to at all., well maybe I could listen to Creed 24/7.

Don't forget the Motor City Madman.