The unconstitional impeachment of Bill Clinton

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: amcdonald
Can I be the Independent Counsel?
Mr. President when did you first realize the American people were not stupid or have you yet?
Mr. President what is the leader of Uganda's name?
Seriously... did you practice this in the mirror?

Mirrors are much to dense for me to enter into one.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: HJD1 Violation of Constitutional Separation issue (usurping the authority of congress)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH

you can try every president since FDR for that then!

btw: no president has ever acknowledged the war powers act as being binding upon them, nor has the issue appeared before the courts

Well, I know a sure fire way to test the issue.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: amcdonald
My mistake, I assumed that it was BOB's post I originally made fun of... didn't bother to go back and check :)
The mirror comment wasn't meant as a metaphor... to me it really sounded like he had written down a short dialogue after practicing it in the mirror. It is so melodramatic that I found it comical.
I didn't find it offensive. I don't care if the president gets impeached.
I just find it funny that Clinton did exactly what people are accusing Bush of, in terms of lying, obstruction of justice, killing innocent people, recklessly using american soldiers and being responsible for their deaths, etc... Its apparently part of the job description. So shouldn't those people wanting to impeach Bush for all of these acts also be trying with the same passion to convince people to arrest Clinton, who has done the exact same things?

EE eye ee eye oh...
I Throw in a few outlandish things in most of my serious posts to give folks some bait to chomp on. By doing this I encourage a deeper reflection on the larger issue or the more serious issue. Folks naturally tend to see the part that excites so In the post in question I tossed in "Usurping Congressional authority..." so I'd be able to come back with "Lets test the case and see where it goes". In the course of all this the salient points get noticed too. Folks is folks and I are one too.
But, the issue remains. Bush submitted HRJR 114 to congress... it was well written to provide wiggle room... this caused me to wonder why. I'd have written it this way if I wanted to cover my butt in the event ... ! Impeachment hearings in the House can occur still notwithstanding the crafty way 114 is drawn up. If the House can latch onto one issue then the rest tail on to it. Misleading Congress in any issue regarding 114 would allow all the things that flowed from that lie to be added as additional counts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yes well I find that those who try to deflect serious issues by some appeal to the past wrongs of others or a critique of the means by which a point is made have disordered logic and in the grips of disconnect from reality. Any points you can make now are obviated by the inaccuracy of past thought. Sorry I am for you and Corn who suffers from the same disease. :D

How comical can not liking a post that talks to the President as if he were here be? I'm glad you're not an art critic, we'd all be watching Mickey Mouse.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
EE eye ee eye oh...
I Throw in a few outlandish things in most of my serious posts to give folks some bait to chomp on. By doing this I encourage a deeper reflection on the larger issue or the more serious issue. Folks naturally tend to see the part that excites so In the post in question I tossed in "Usurping Congressional authority..." so I'd be able to come back with "Lets test the case and see where it goes". In the course of all this the salient points get noticed too. Folks is folks and I are one too.
But, the issue remains. Bush submitted HRJR 114 to congress... it was well written to provide wiggle room... this caused me to wonder why. I'd have written it this way if I wanted to cover my butt in the event ... ! Impeachment hearings in the House can occur still notwithstanding the crafty way 114 is drawn up. If the House can latch onto one issue then the rest tail on to it. Misleading Congress in any issue regarding 114 would allow all the things that flowed from that lie to be added as additional counts.
--------------------
How'd you like them apples, Mr. President!

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Yes well I find that those who try to deflect serious issues by some appeal to the past wrongs of others or a critique of the means by which a point is made have disordered logic and in the grips of disconnect from reality. Any points you can make now are obviated by the inaccuracy of past thought. Sorry I am for you and Corn who suffers from the same disease. :D

How comical can not liking a post that talks to the President as if he were here be? I'm glad you're not an art critic, we'd all be watching Mickey Mouse.

I want to watch the road runner... he's much funnier. Besides, the blue shark cartoon is hardly ever on anymore. Boo!

If the Chief Thwart and the four blind Usurpers had allowed the Florida 2000 results to be fairly decided we'd be talking about the Pardon of Bill Clinton now.... imagine that. Well, that and the trial of Doublevee for violation of the stupid law.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
EE eye ee eye oh...
--------------------
How'd you like them apples, Mr. President!
Georgie, Georgie puddin and pie Lost his right and started to cry.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Yes well I find that those who try to deflect serious issues by some appeal to the past wrongs of others or a critique of the means by which a point is made have disordered logic and in the grips of disconnect from reality. Any points you can make now are obviated by the inaccuracy of past thought. Sorry I am for you and Corn who suffers from the same disease.
Moonbeam, I don't think you understand me... I don't care if Bush gets impeached and burned at the stake. If he's corrupt then someone will impeach him. What I'm trying to get across is this... when people rant about how Bush needs to be thrown in jail for abusing his power, they should realize that their buddy Clinton did extremely similar things while in office.
I feel sorry for the people who try to read your post. Your sentance structure is confusing (How comical can not liking a post that talks to the President as if he were here be?) :D
I think you guys take this silly board to seriously, but thats just my opinion :)
I just enjoy arguing.
I'm gonna go get a haircut.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hehe, you're comical and I don't write good, HJ. It's been a bad day.

I must confess, though, I'm completely muddled. I can't figrue out what the hell Clinton has to do with anything because Regan got off Scott free over Iran Contra. Why don't people bring up Iran Contra when the defend Bush. Can you tell me that. And there's that teny tiny matter of the worm in the apple. Remember that. I bet that plays a big part here.

Got a worm in your apple, Mr. President, Sir? Regression digression and disconnect, oh no! Regression digression and disconnect, oh no!Regression digression and disconnect, oh no!

As long as you're going to get a hair cut, why not get all of them cut at the same time. Oh man.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Hehe, you're comical and I don't write good, HJ. It's been a bad day.

I must confess, though, I'm completely muddled. I can't figrue out what the hell Clinton has to do with anything because Regan got off Scott free over Iran Contra. Why don't people bring up Iran Contra when the defend Bush. Can you tell me that. And there's that teny tiny matter of the worm in the apple. Remember that. I bet that plays a big part here.

Got a worm in your apple, Mr. President, Sir? Regression digression and disconnect, oh no! Regression digression and disconnect, oh no!Regression digression and disconnect, oh no!

As long as you're going to get a hair cut, why not get all of them cut at the same time. Oh man.

I seem to always get my tounge caught on my eye tooth and couldn't see what I was saying when I don't brush first.;)

Reagan.... Foreign Policy by the location of planets and stars... Nancy checked it out first and with the roar of a lion said" Ronnie honey... today is a good day to break the law" So armed with that bit of Intel... Ronnie summoned his right hand man.. LCol Ollie lefty North and they figured out how to violate all sorts of law... I now read my horror scope daily to be sure it is ok to function in this or that. Interesting how all Ronnie's actions really are the work of God. God do work in mysterious ways. Even Brenden Sullivan thought he was a potted plant.. for awhile, at least.

edit: maybe it wasn't Sullivan... can't remember Ollie's attorney's name.:)