The UK Will Not Support Us Much Longer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
The Italian government has stated it won't support any military action. The British will be behind us 100%, not sure about the others. After the sacrifices the Americans made for the European, I was expecting more from them.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Tony Blair has made a statement to the effect that this was the worst attack on British citizens since World War II and the worst terrorist attack on the British ever.

Please note that approximately 300 British citizens are missing.

Also worth noting that ~500 Germans are missing and a significant number of Japanese.

Aelus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
That opinion merely states that that person is against retaliation on innocents, aren't you?

Aelus

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Frankly, I could care less what Andy in Notts has to say

I like what Alex has to say better

I was terrified when Bush was elected President but
seeing how he has managed the current crisis, I am
very impressed with his administration. I would have
been uncomfortable with an immediate military
response, which must have been very tempting. The
US have tempered their anger and have behaved like
responsible stewards of world peace. Personally, I am
eager for my tax payments to be spent in assisting our
transatlantic cousins in the war against these
murderers. They must not be allowed to terrorise us.
Alex, UK (home at last)

It doesn't matter what country you go to somebody is going to have crap to say. I would greatly trust Mr Blair over the opinion of a peeant any day. I think Blair is the one who will say yea or nea and it sounds to me like he is saying yea...

For the last time one person does not a country or religion make. Andy does not speak for the UK as well as Bin Laden does not speak for the whole Muslim religion.

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
well guess what?

Innocents ARE going to die. Innocents have already died.

I am absolutely sure that the US gov't and military will attempt to minimize it but it IS going to happen.

This is War!

TRUMPHENT

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
There were over 500 British citizens killed in the attack on the WTC. They are very much going to be an ally for the duration. They are also a charter member of NATO. Their intelligence gathering in the MidEast should be far more effective than that of the U.S. Following the money that finances the terrorists is another way the Brits will be able to help, since London is such a global financial center.:disgust:

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<< The Italian government has stated it won't support any military action. >>

Hmmmm............;)

• September 17, 2001 Posted: 10:35 AM EDT (1435 GMT) -- Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said "rigorous" measures had been introduced to protect American interests -- both diplomatic and military -- in Italy as well as other potential targets such as airports and borders.

He added that it would be "inconceivable to leave the American ally alone" in what he described as "the darkest day in our history since the end of World War II."

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
hmm, I'm and average23 year old American Male. My _opinion_ is: UK, how nice, thank you for your words now go fvck yourselves

KBrinks

May 13, 2001
America is always wrong and the rest of hte world is always right

that's what seems to be going on whenever the USA gets involved with anything...

this crap is making me annoyed and sick...

5000+ of our civilians get killed by terrorist... afgan. is harboring the terrorist, doing nothing about it... what the hell are we supposed to do? sit back and talk about it so they can plan something else.. another attack on maybe *GASP* England or any other European country... i swear you people are all hypocrites

Aelus

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
Berluscuni is leading an extreme right wing government in italy, which is also supported by allessandra mussolini, she's the granddaughter of the dictator the USA fought in WW2.

Aelus

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< hmm, I'm and average23 year old American Male. My _opinion_ is: UK, how nice, thank you for your words now go fvck yourselves >>

If you are the average 23 year old American male, then this country is in serious trouble. I knew the educational system had problems, but you are evidence of more than just "problems".

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001

<< Oh yeah, like the Brits have been a real help in Ireland. It is a never ending cycle, and diplomacy is not always an answer. You cannot have diplomacy with a government such as the Taliban. >>

Unless you've had to deal with the violence in Northern Ireland yourself, I suggest you stfu. It is Britain's fault there is war back in my homeland, although it has escalated beyond mere annexation. However, the UK does NOT owe the US it's military backing, as does no other country. Instead, it was offered, and accepted in the event that there is protracted war with the responsible parties.

I support the US in their forthcoming assault, though if the option to solve this situation bloodlessly arose, it would be heartening to think that that option would be taken. Violence sparks violence, creating an irreperable situation.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Oalex Profiling
Male
age 45
in to autoeroticism
personality: passive aggressive
Favorite country: Hungary
Favorite car: Yugo
Favorite color: chartruse
Self-Perception: I'm smart, and damn it, people like me

Red Dawn
Male
Age 47
Too many ex wives
Personality: Fscking smart ass
Favorite Country: USA
Favorite Car: Harley Davidson
Favorite Color:Blood Red
Self Perception: Right on the mark 100% of the time

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
Red,

darn nice to read your posts.

I don't always agree with what you say, but I love the way you say it! :)

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001

<< hmm, I'm and average23 year old American Male. My _opinion_ is: UK, how nice, thank you for your words now go fvck yourselves >>

Why don't you take your own advice?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Yeah right... who's this 'Andy' that made that comment? some bum from the street for all we know.

I really have to question whether any of you's have any critical thinking skills at all... who would you consider more authoritative and credible, Mr. Blair himself, or some guy named 'Andy'?

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Mwilding: Where the h3ll are you from?

<< U.S. of Goddamn America >>

? Where is that? I never heard of that place before. Why don't you go back to that U.S.G.D.A you so valiantly slithered from. When you get some patriotic muscle to hold up that spine of yours maybe someone will care about your opinion. It seems that you don't appreciate America, but you feel the need to call it names. Are you any better then those fvcks that hijacked the planes? Jackass.

BlueApple:What was it about my post you didn't like? You can't handle the language? Don't like me calling the Brits on the carpet? If they're going to help fine, if they are not going to help fine. But don't say one thing and then turn away because it might get hot.

Oh and BlueApple, one more thing, yep, you guessed it. go **** yourself.

Hey Red, how did I do? ;)

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000

<< Mwilding: Where the h3ll are you from?

<< U.S. of Goddamn America >>

? Where is that? I never heard of that place before. Why don't you go back to that U.S.G.D.A you so valiantly slithered from. When you get some patriotic muscle to hold up that spine of yours maybe someone will care about your opinion. It seems that you don't appreciate America, but you feel the need to call it names. Are you any better then those fvcks that hijacked the planes? Jackass.

BlueApple:What was it about my post you didn't like? You can't handle the language? Don't like me calling the Brits on the carpet? If they're going to help fine, if they are not going to help fine. But don't say one thing and then turn away because it might get hot.

Oh and BlueApple, one more thing, yep, you guessed it. go **** yourself.

Hey Red, how did I do? ;)
>>

Your temerity and audacity are exceeded only by your lack of reading comprehension and abysmal ignorance.

You, Sir, are an unmitigated ass.

LocutusX

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The topic of this thread is rather absurd.

The United States and the UK are linked in many more ways than you might expect.

See: link

<< Secret Love
By finding evidence of unusually close ties between the security services in these different countries, the idea of Echelon is further supported. This comes in the form of the UKUSA agreement.

There is surprisingly little official evidence of the agreement's existence but there is enough to conclude it exists. The UKUSA agreement is an extension of the information-sharing agreement signed by the UK and the USA during the Second World War. Australia and New Zealand were also tied into this later thanks to the continuing war with Japan.

The report quotes several official documents that make reference not only to a UKUSA agreement but also Echelon. For example: the 1999/2000 annual report of the UK Intelligence and Security Committee - a parliamentary watchdog - explicitly states: "The quality of intelligence gathered clearly reflects the value of close co-operation under the UKUSA agreement." It then refers to when the NSA's equipment failed in that year, it ran it operations through the UK equivalent, GCHQ.

By piecing together this and other mentions in seven other official reports, a clear picture is built up. Then there are declassified US documents (in the UK we still maintain archaic laws which enable the government to keep things secret as long as they fancy). These refer to Echelon and also give the boundaries by which NSA operates.
>>

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000

<<
Your temerity and audacity are exceeded only by your lack of reading comprehension and abysmal ignorance.
>>

Wow, Cyberian can use synonyms. Cool.

<< You, Sir, are an unmitigated ass. >>

Thanks dude. After a day of everyone around me kissing my ass, I needed to be straightened out. :D

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< You, Sir, are an unmitigated ass. >>

I'm not touching the rest of this thread(you all need to remember the "Fighting On the Internet" poster with the retard...), but all i can say about the above is...well, if he is such an ass, and all you people think of he "brainless" and/or puts to shame all other 23 year olds, then why are you wasting your time? Just to make yourself "heard"? If you think he is not worth your time, why give it to him?

Do you think it will make you better?

Smarter?

I think not.

/end conversation

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
hmm, Maul is right.

[cartman]Screw you guys, I'm goin' home[/cartman]

the above postings are proof that no one on the internet can take a statement at the level it was given. A simple statement not directed at a single person turned into a personal attack. Thanks for illustrating the "problems of the education system." Now that you brought it up.

You may feel used now.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
The UK will always support us and we will always support them.. a few comments on a website will never change that. To imply they would go against us would be no less rediculous than to say Canada would go against us. IMHO

Speedy3D!

Golden Member
Oct 31, 1999
Geez, and if it wasn't for our help during WWII europe my have been completely taken by the nazies. How soon we forget :(

iamshady

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2001
Britain will always follow the United States. Britain supports us a lot in the Middle East and Europe, and are always aiding in air strikes against Iraqi defenses.