The two greatest Letters to the editors ive EVER read...

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Acanthus
So, what the hell is an OWI?

Ovulating While Intoxicated?

Overdosing While Injured?

Orange White Intestine?

operating while intoxicated.

sorta a DUI/DWI but doesnt always insinuate a motor vehicle. but i believe in this case it did.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
So who's forcing that first chick not to take birth control or use protection?

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Honestly, I don't think the author of the first letter necessarily holds to be true everything she wrote in her letter. It seems more of a "way out there" statement to shove in the face of the argument proposed by whatever article to which she's responding.

As for the second one, OWI/DUI/DWI/etc. is nothing to be proud of, but in some ways the guy has a point...most people who get them don't have their names plastered on a newspaper because of it. Everyone, even athletes, deserve the chance to learn from their mistakes, and to have private lives. The letter writer comes off as a d!ck, yes, but he has a valid point or two.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE

Orange White Intestine?

sorta a DUI/DWI but doesnt always insinuate a motor vehicle. but i believe in this case it did.

I have never, ever heard of OWI. Is it an Indiana thing?

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE

Orange White Intestine?

I have never, ever heard of OWI. Is it an Indiana thing?

I know that it's here in Ohio too. OWI = operating while intoxicated, and OMVI = operating motor vehicle intoxicated

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: OdiN
So who's forcing that first chick not to take birth control or use protection?

What about the fact that birth control methods are not always effective? I was concieved while my mother was on birth control, as was my sister.

Also, if you're going to call the woman, please explain what isn't illogical about her arguement. What if she's a woman who enjoys sex, and does take all of the neccessary precaustions and still gets pregnent. Pregnancy can dramatically alter a woman's body, and negative side effect of pregnancy.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
That college guys needs an asswhooping.

as for the 'girl'...what a shame.

the guy got destroyed, there were like 20 letters about his letter, and then there was an apology letter by him, and then ESPN heard it, and Rome is Burning talked about it.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Wow, I think everyone here missed the point the female author of the first letter was trying to express. She was trying to argue that not all women are 'warm and fuzzy' emotionally and that people shouldn't say that they can't make tough executive decisions. To back up her claim, she told [author of the original article?] that she wouldn't think twice about getting an abortion if she wanted one--her emotions wouldn't prevent her from making a tough decision. Sure she may be a heartless bitch, but how does that make her a moron? I thought it was a damn good way to back up her claim.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: UNCjigga
Wow, I think everyone here missed the point the female author of the first letter was trying to express. She was trying to argue that not all women are 'warm and fuzzy' emotionally and that people shouldn't say that they can't make tough executive decisions. To back up her claim, she told [author of the original article?] that she wouldn't think twice about getting an abortion if she wanted one--her emotions wouldn't prevent her from making a tough decision. Sure she may be a heartless bitch, but how does that make her a moron? I thought it was a damn good way to back up her claim.

I think she was actually replying to the idea that abortion is only for women who enjoy lots of sex without protection. There are (seriously) a lot of people who believe that. It sounded too tongue in cheek to be serious. "I don't like stretch marks, so I'm never having kids." Anti-choice people use this argument, not pro-choice people. A pro-choice person will state this if they're laying on the sarcasm :p