The TRUTH

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Thanks for the good advice! It is good. I am changed. Be skinny soon.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
That letter was written as a joke and to draw attention away from the constant Iraq related letters that were being printed. Every damn issue of the exponents was constant bickering between three or four people about the middle east situation until that letter was run. I commend him on his joke that blew past the sarcasm meters of thousands.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Josh Brown (the author) is most likely fat himself and has serious problems with anxiety/depression. He attacks others to draw attention away from himself.

What a sad, sad existence.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
:D

It's refreshing to see someone speak the truth, even if it's politically insensitive, and likely to get quite a number of female fatties' panties in a knot.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
"Sure, I'm insensitive, but you're FAT!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!

the only problem I forsee with this letter is that it wasn't written anonomously (i kin spel!) and therefore this guy has destroyed his chances with any woman at his college (hey . . you are the guy that wrote that letter (SLAP!))

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
He is in engineering, wtf was he expecting? Out of 300 ECEs in my school, I there are about 60 girls and 5 of those are good looking.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Oh this was all over fark back in april, along with followup letters from the Exponent. Funniest damn thing I've ever seen.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Trinitron
Josh Brown (the author) is most likely fat himself and has serious problems with anxiety/depression. He attacks others to draw attention away from himself.

What a sad, sad existence.
Worked on any Honda S2000 engines lately? You know, the one that has a faked RPM redline?
rolleye.gif

:p

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
If you are going to quote me then do it right instead of posting BS. Typical of you.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
If you are going to quote me then do it right instead of posting BS. Typical of you.
What are you talking about?

What's wrong with the quote? Looks fine to me.

Yeah, typical of me. All I do is spew BS, unlike you. Riiiight. :p

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Whatever Eli, I never said that the cars had a "fake" redline.

Why don't you tell me how torque is derived from horse power? (For all you readers out there horspower is caluclated from torque, not the other way around).

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Whatever Eli, I never said that the cars had a "fake" redline.

Why don't you tell me how torque is derived from horse power? (For all you readers out there horspower is caluclated from torque, not the other way around).
Uh, torque isn't derrived from horsepower. I think I know what you're talking about though, and.. so I turned them around once, it was probably late. :p I know that HP is derrived from torque, and have known this for a long time.. I don't know how or why I got them turned around, if I even did.

Blahblah.. You've spewed your nonsense in plenty of car threads. You may not have used those exact words, but you said that the redline of the Honda S2000 is a gimmick or something along those lines.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Yes Eli you were wrong, you didn't flip them around, you were wrong.

What I said was this. The HP numbers on an S2000 are recorded at a very high red line that is not typical of day to day driving and shifting at a reasonable RPM; this in turn does not enable a person shifting at a reasonable RPM to get to the advertised engine HP, because they never get the engine turning that fast. This is a fact like it or not.

I am not going to beat an old horse, if you want to dig stuff from the past because you have issues then that is your business (not that anyone cares), but I won't be involved. I am done with this topic.

Eli

Oct 9, 1999
Yes Eli you were wrong, you didn't flip them around, you were wrong.

What I said was this. The HP numbers on an S2000 are recorded at a very high red line that is not typical of day to day driving and shifting at a reasonable RPM; this in turn does not enable a person shifting at a reasonable RPM to get to the advertised engine HP, because they never get the engine turning that fast. This is a fact like it or not.

I am not going to beat an old horse, if you want to dig stuff from the past because you have issues then that is your business (not that anyone cars), but I won't be involved. I am done with this topic.

I guess I won't be able to convince you that I knew that HP was derrived from torque before you read my mistake(I probably edited it), but that doesen't even really matter.. all that matters is I know.

The HP numbers on an S2000 are recorded at a very high RPM because.. that's what the engine revs to, not because they had to rev it that high to get the numbers. Of course the high revs aren't typical of day to day driving, and you would probably be hard pressed to even get to the redline driving in city traffic, but that doesen't mean they're trying to decieve anybody or anything like that. They designed it that way on purpose; some people really like the sound of an engine wound out at ~8000RPM. :)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Cheer up! The good news is there's hope. If you have a problem, do something about it. Just stop eating so much! Go to the new fitness center every once in a while! Take advantage of the summer break and do something for yourself and the people around you.

Haha :)

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I know a few girls in an asian sorority up at Purdue, and from what I remember, they're far from fat. Also a few cute ones at DePaul. Guess you just have to know where to look. :)