The truth behind Bloomburgs MAIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Not surprised, but to be fair the NRA makes plenty of campaign contributions and propaganda too.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Not surprised, but to be fair the NRA makes plenty of campaign contributions and propaganda too.
But they are up front about it and don't use bully tactics or lie about the true goal, total government control of citizens.

The NRA defends the constitution, MAIG decimates lies to destroy the constitution.
The NRA defends rights, MAIG seeks to eliminate rights.
The NRA defends freedom, MAIG seeks to expand government control over every citizen, not to control guns, but to control rights.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
But they are up front about it and don't use bully tactics or lie about the true goal, total government control of citizens.

The NRA defends the constitution, MAIG decimates lies to destroy the constitution.
The NRA defends rights, MAIG seeks to eliminate rights.
The NRA defends freedom, MAIG seeks to expand government control over every citizen, not to control guns, but to control rights.

Oh I know, that's why I give the NRA money every year. Well that and The American Rifleman. :) But for the NRA to attack MAIG for playing politics is kinda hypocritical. I'm sure if some key governor was threatening to drop support for the NRA for whatever reason they'd offer said governor substantial help on his next campaign.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Who isn't against illegal guns? Even gun manufacturers are against them since they make no money from them. When I hear about MAIG I laugh. Do you really need an organization to be against illegal guns since nobody supports them? Obviously the group isn't against illegal guns, its about regulating legal guns but using a name that nobody can refuse, like when a politician names their bill "Save the Children Act". No one will vote against it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I'm starting a new group... CAMAR.

Citizens Against Murder and Rape

Seriously, something needs to be done to stop these crimes, so sign up and send me money NOW!

In actuality, CAMAR will exist to put a stop to arm wrestling and consensual sex; but, that's not really important... It's for the children!!

Last edited:

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Who isn't against illegal guns? Even gun manufacturers are against them since they make no money from them. When I hear about MAIG I laugh. Do you really need an organization to be against illegal guns since nobody supports them? Obviously the group isn't against illegal guns, its about regulating legal guns but using a name that nobody can refuse, like when a politician names their bill "Save the Children Act". No one will vote against it.

And making a specific gun or a whole 'class' of guns illegal is only a pen stroke away!

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I'm starting a new group... CAMAR.

Citizens Against Murder and Rape

Seriously, something needs to be done to stop these crimes, so sign up and send me money NOW!

In actuality, CAMAR will exist to put a stop to arm wrestling and consensual sex; but, that's not really important... It's for the children!!

Here the local campus we have MARS. The Men Against Rape Society; I shit you not. It's a bunch of frat boys who go around giving talks on rape-related issues, handing out t-shirts, and presumably getting laid by Womens' Studies majors. I guess they're harmless but the name... seriously? I'd think any man who'd call himself a man would be against rape. At least the reality, not the fantasy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.