The truth about food.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: eakers
funny, i always thought it was posting old email forwards that killed you.

maybe it's being a fat drug addict? :shrug:

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I've never seen it.... :eek:

I thought it was living that killed you :frown:

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: caramel

rolleye.gif

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

that's amazing.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000

haha, good stuff Caramel.

kidding aside though, it's inactivity that kills you. these people do not rely on cars as much as we do, and they walk everywhere. when my sister was in Italy, she said the Italians would eat massive amounts of pasta and wine, but she rarely saw anyone overweight. but they would walk EVERYWHERE, and burn all the fat off.

the Japanese are catching up to US though. Japan has the HIGHEST rate of new diabetes and obesity cases in the world (i'm talking about new cases compared to the previous years). also, the Japanese are beginning to have problems with colon cancer, which they almost NEVER heard of before 20th century.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: huey1124

kidding aside though, it's inactivity that kills you. these people do not rely on cars as much as we do, and they walk everywhere. when my sister was in Italy, she said the Italians would eat massive amounts of pasta and wine, but she rarely saw anyone overweight. but they would walk EVERYWHERE, and burn all the fat off.

It's the WINE. One glass of red wine a day is as close as you'll get to magic life-prolonging elixir.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: jaeger66
Originally posted by: huey1124

It's the WINE. One glass of red wine a day is as close as you'll get to magic life-prolonging elixir.

you're taking my post out context. sure, one glass of red wine has anti-oxidants and blood thinning properties. but when you drink as much as Europeans typically do, it has adverse health effects as well. i also read that a lot of Italians have genetic disposition that breaks down alcohol rapidly. *shrug*

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001

are you both on the SWF boards also? methinks trouble's abrewin