The Trump's Secret Iraq Holiday

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
No matter how you slice it, when presidents secretly visit a war zone it's always a huge PR win.
And bringing the wife along certainly doesn't hurt that public relations image.
Sometimes, Donald Trump hits a hole in one, scores a slam dunk, runs a touchdown and this is certainly one of those times.
While the government remains in shutdown mode, and democrats are about to take over the house, and the stock market flutters, for Donald Trump to think this stunt up and carry it out will no doubt help him in the publics view.
In fact, this Iraq trip in the dead of night just could give him the leverage and support bounce he needs against the democrats.
And frankly with the pictures released it appeared Donald Trump actually enjoyed himself.

Those diehard Donald Trump supporters that I know, some friends and relatives, they like the idea of our military leaving the middle east.
And they don't like playing police to the world, not to mention spending all that taxpayer money abroad.
So for them, the diehard Trump supporters, pulling our troops and building that wall and shutting down the government is exactly what they expected from Donald Trump.
And the reason they voted for him. And will again....

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
The hard stance on getting the wall, the Holiday trip to a war zone, it will be interesting.
During Clinton's government shutdown, Bill was busy getting it on with Monica in the oral office.
When it comes to Donald and his government shutdown, Donald is busy sneaking around the middle east visiting the troops.
It will all come down to public perception in the end.
After THIS, plus the phone calls and the western unions and emails from the public just might decide whether or not Donald Trump gets his wall and his way. Plus, will the people blame Donald Trump or Nancy Pelosi for this screwed up mess?

And remember... this is only the beginning.
We have two more years ahead of split government rule.
Democrats controlling the house, and republicans controlling the senate. And Trump trying to control his mouth.
Whoever blinks first on round one will give us a clue as to how the next two years will play out.
And we have to agree that when it comes to outdoing the other side, when it comes to directing the conversation, the president always has the advantage.
So we shall see.
We will see if this trip in the dead of night is enough to win Donald what he so desperately wants, his big fat yuge massive costly budget busting market crashing medieval wall to satisfy some delusion fear of illegals immigration.
Despite the fact that Donald Trump had no problem hiring and using those same illegals to build all of his crap.
So, we shall see.

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Don't most presidents "secretly" visit war zones? It doesn't seem very smart to announce to the world, including all your enemies, that the man responsible for killing your comrades will be on your home turf.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He had to go and definitely not because he wanted to. Otherwise he would've gone last year's Xmas per tradition which makes this year's trip superficial and well, fake.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Don't most presidents "secretly" visit war zones? It doesn't seem very smart to announce to the world, including all your enemies, that the man responsible for killing your comrades will be on your home turf.
Good point!!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
sportage enjoy you as a poster but have always wondered why you format your posts the way you do?

On a full desktop sized screen the format is not bad, distinctive even. I sometimes copy from it. Though it would be rather unfortunate if viewed on a small screen, where the new lines would appear to randomly break up what otherwise appears to be a paragraph.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No matter how you slice it, when presidents secretly visit a war zone it's always a huge PR win.
And bringing the wife along certainly doesn't hurt that public relations image.
Sometimes, Donald Trump hits a hole in one, scores a slam dunk, runs a touchdown and this is certainly one of those times.
While the government remains in shutdown mode, and democrats are about to take over the house, and the stock market flutters, for Donald Trump to think this stunt up and carry it out will no doubt help him in the publics view.
In fact, this Iraq trip in the dead of night just could give him the leverage and support bounce he needs against the democrats.
And frankly with the pictures released it appeared Donald Trump actually enjoyed himself.

Those diehard Donald Trump supporters that I know, some friends and relatives, they like the idea of our military leaving the middle east.
And they don't like playing police to the world, not to mention spending all that taxpayer money abroad.
So for them, the diehard Trump supporters, pulling our troops and building that wall and shutting down the government is exactly what they expected from Donald Trump.
And the reason they voted for him. And will again....

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
The hard stance on getting the wall, the Holiday trip to a war zone, it will be interesting.
During Clinton's government shutdown, Bill was busy getting it on with Monica in the oral office.
When it comes to Donald and his government shutdown, Donald is busy sneaking around the middle east visiting the troops.
It will all come down to public perception in the end.
After THIS, plus the phone calls and the western unions and emails from the public just might decide whether or not Donald Trump gets his wall and his way. Plus, will the people blame Donald Trump or Nancy Pelosi for this screwed up mess?

And remember... this is only the beginning.
We have two more years ahead of split government rule.
Democrats controlling the house, and republicans controlling the senate. And Trump trying to control his mouth.
Whoever blinks first on round one will give us a clue as to how the next two years will play out.
And we have to agree that when it comes to outdoing the other side, when it comes to directing the conversation, the president always has the advantage.
So we shall see.
We will see if this trip in the dead of night is enough to win Donald what he so desperately wants, his big fat yuge massive costly budget busting market crashing medieval wall to satisfy some delusion fear of illegals immigration.
Despite the fact that Donald Trump had no problem hiring and using those same illegals to build all of his crap.
So, we shall see.
So, you want to give Trump a cookie for shit he's supposed to and all President's in my lifetime have done?

Have at it. I just don't understand why people give him credit like five year old's who don't poop their pants??

Reactions: esquared

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So, you want to give Trump a cookie for shit he's supposed to and all President's in my lifetime have done?

Have at it. I just don't understand why people give him credit like five year old's who don't poop their pants??

You mean like Trump's 2017 SoTU address?
For a moment he almost sounded Presidential.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
he only went because the news said he is the only president who hasnt visited troops on xmas.

Jan 25, 2011
he only went because the news said he is the only president who hasnt visited troops on xmas.
This would have had to have been planned out weeks in advance. Had nothing to do with any reporting on what he did or didn't do, at least not for this Christmas.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Good he went, bad he turned it into a campaign event and lied his ass off to the troops while reducing the US to basically a mob protection racket.

There is nothing this person can't ruin.

Reactions: Linux23

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Good he went, bad he turned it into a campaign event and lied his ass off to the troops while reducing the US to basically a mob protection racket.

There is nothing this person can't ruin.

lol, Trump actually told them that he gave them a 10% raise. ..several times. Does he not care that a blatant lie like that will probably make most of them angry?

Reactions: esquared

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-navy-seal-iraq-video-1272102?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

President Donald Trump and the White House communications team revealed that a U.S. Navy SEAL team was deployed to Iraq after the president secretly traveled to the region to meet with American forces serving in a combat zone for the first time since being elected to office.

While the commander-in-chief can declassify information, usually the specific special operations unit is not revealed to the American public, especially while U.S. service members are deployed. Official photographs and videos typically blur the individual faces of special operation forces, due to the sensitive nature of their job.

The president’s video posted Wednesday did not shield the faces of special operation forces. Current and former Defense Department officials told Newsweek that information concerning what units are deployed and where is almost always classified and is a violation of operational security.

Very smart good brain people in this administration.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Even "better" he's pissed the Iraqis off that they are apparantly moving towards removing our presence. They are an occupied soverign government and those two things are not compatable. Trump just pushed things against the US, although I don't blame the Iraqis at all.

Trump didn't bother to meet with Iraqi officials during his visit. It's not difficult to envision how that could really piss them off if he's going to act like he owns the place.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Endangering the troops by publicly revealing the identities of covert ops soldiers. Brilliant!. Must have been one of his "spur" (bone) of the moment decisions.

During his three hour photo op, Trump:

Released classified information about Seal Team Five being in Iraq.
Lied that he gave the military their first raises in ten years. They get them every year.
Lied that the raises were 10%. They were 2.6%.
Got service members to sign his MAGA gear. Service members are forbidden by law from engaging in political activities while in uniform.
Criticized Democrats for not supporting his wall. Making this a bitch and moan rally speech.

We should stop complaining about him golfing. Let him spend as much time at Mar-a-Lago as he fucking wants. It stops him from causing more damage.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Trump didn't bother to meet with Iraqi officials during his visit. It's not difficult to envision how that could really piss them off if he's going to act like he owns the place.

My understanding is that Trump demanded the Iraqis do exactly what he told them to do, not meeting with sovereign leaders but slave state grovellers come begging to their Emperor.

That didn't go over well and now Trump says we're staying put and working with Iraqis isn't important nor a consideration. The Imperial governments of the Brits and others would be proud. It's as if Trump is begging for the renewal of terrorism for which he'll blame the Dems for not giving him a wall.

Reactions: skooma

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
My understanding is that Trump demanded the Iraqis do exactly what he told them to do, not meeting with sovereign leaders but slave state grovellers come begging to their Emperor.

That didn't go over well and now Trump says we're staying put and working with Iraqis isn't important nor a consideration. The Imperial governments of the Brits and others would be proud. It's as if Trump is begging for the renewal of terrorism for which he'll blame the Dems for not giving him a wall.

This is not a surprise unfortunately from someone who advocated for the US loot the resources of a sovereign nation we are ostensibly there to protect.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Got service members to sign his MAGA gear.

Honestly I don't give a shit about that one. Trump has alienated the Iraqis to the point they may take actions to remove us and I suspect they won't all be polite requests. The "I'm the king of the world" shit is his expanding of his megalomania backed with US power to the rest of the globe.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I've actually felt guilty for years that I don't read his posts due to the formatting. I've skimmed them a few times and it has seemed quite reasonable, but something about the formatting is just so off putting to me.
I’m sad to say I’m in the same boat.

Maybe it’s a phone vs desktop issue. Which makes me worried about my own posts since I mainly post and read from my phone. So they look good to me.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Honestly I don't give a shit about that one. Trump has alienated the Iraqis to the point they may take actions to remove us and I suspect they won't all be polite requests. The "I'm the king of the world" shit is his expanding of his megalomania backed with US power to the rest of the globe.

I have a feeling he is going to abruptly, one way, one lie, one "from his gut" decision or another, evacuate all US presence in Iraq and Afghanistan as soon as he can to distract and inflame and feed his base. The power vacuum in those countries will be epic

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I’m sad to say I’m in the same boat.

Maybe it’s a phone vs desktop issue. Which makes me worried about my own posts since I mainly post and read from my phone. So they look good to me.
Same here, 95% of my forum viewing is done on my phone.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I still use my desktop unless I need something while I'm not at the office or at home.

Mostly its because I don't wanna pay for more data or use my phone's battery since I enjoy charging it only every 3rd or 4th day.

Also OP.. Trump is irredeemable except for Trump voters. It's all pretty much baked in.. He's a POTUS of 20% of the population which makes up 43% of the electorate.

Edit: LOL he can't even do a military visit correct.. he called the deployed SUCKERS.

Last edited: