The thing I most hate about Fox News

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
@HeroOfPellinor

"Absolutly nothing. I was simplyusing your post count as an identifier. Feel free to call me Mr 1239 posts."

Use my nick if you're refering to me.

"Absolutly not. Why are you so defensive?"

That fact that you used my post count shows how you look at people, so of course I got a bit defencive.

"Your welcome...I trust you got the point? "

Beside the fact that you re-write what others say or put words in their mouth? similar to FOX news, no.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Originally posted by: JackStorm
Saying FOX News is pro or Anti-Bush/war or conservitive/liberal is pointless. It's a tabloid plain and simple. Calling FOX News "news" is a joke. Both "sides" really need to look past this pro/anti-Bush/war/whatever things and see it for what it is, regardless of their political opinions.

Thanks for the insight Mr. 29 posts.

P.S.

Saying FOX News is a tabloid is pointless. It's a more balanced slightly conservative news channel plain and simple. Calling FOX News "a tabloid" is a joke. Both "sides" really need to look past this pro/anti-Bush/war/whatever things and see it for what it is, regardless of their political opinions.

You lack the grasp of the obvious. Both of us agree that FoxNews is "slanted" to what degree, we may differ in opinion of. If it's slanted then how is it not a "distortion of the truth"? Think about it.

And no we're not talking about how it balances the "liberal" media CNN, BBC, theres no such and that's besides the point.

But anyway, like I said earlier. It's pointless reasoning with people that like being lied to, so i'll stop now. ;)

Sure I agree it's slanted. I also think CNN is slanted the other way. THAT'S the big difference. When it's slanted against YOU, you think it's VERY slanted. When it's slanted FOR you, you think it's perfectly balanced and credible. That's where we differ. I say both are slanted so both are needed to kinda counter-balance each other. You think CNN is unbiased and FoxNEWS should never be watched because it's not CNN.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Slant is slant. It doesn't make any diffirence who's doing it. I have little respect for any "news" agency that does it (and yes, I had problems with cnn when it did it in the past)

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

Sure I agree it's slanted. I also think CNN is slanted the other way. THAT'S the big difference. When it's slanted against YOU, you think it's VERY slanted. When it's slanted FOR you, you think it's perfectly balanced and credible.

...words of wisdom. I am glad hatred hasn't taken over your reasoning skills, too. Washington Post vs. Washington Times; NTY vs. WSJ; etc, etc, etc....it's all dependent upon your perspective and points-of-view, as you correctly point out. The "My news is the best, yours is tabloid crap" nonsense just shows how, ugh, anal some people are...

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
...words of wisdom. I am glad hatred hasn't taken over your reasoning skills, too. Washington Post vs. Washington Times; NTY vs. WSJ; etc, etc, etc....it's all dependent upon your perspective and points-of-view, as you correctly point out. The "My news is the best, yours is tabloid crap" nonsense just shows how, ugh, anal some people are...

i dont know, its not so much the conservative bias that bothers me about fox, its more the CRAZYLOUDINYOURFACEYOUAREABOUTTODIEFOXNEWSALERTS that really frighten me. comparing them to other all day news stations is like comparing the new york times to the new york post.

PSA: referring to someone by their post count appears both malicious and petty.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor Sure I agree it's slanted. I also think CNN is slanted the other way. THAT'S the big difference. When it's slanted against YOU, you think it's VERY slanted. When it's slanted FOR you, you think it's perfectly balanced and credible.

I very much agree. I read three newspapers, on and off; The Guardian (left wing), The Independant (leftish wing) and The Times (right wing - and no, not the NYT ;) ) - because I find the balance interesting. You can't get away from bias, as much as you'd like, so you just have to keep an open mind.

However, that doesn't mean that there is no such thing as "tabloid crap" - eg the Sun, the Daily Mail, Weekly World News... and, among tv stations, I'd definately class Fox News as tabloid crap...