The TeAm's Great BBQ Recipe Compendium

Page 158 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I don't care how you cook it (seasoned salt for me)....toss some cow on the grill and then put a healthy serving of blue cheese crumbles on it (thanks Hooters! ;) ).

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
When did this resurface?

Miso Glazed Grilled Salmon

Salmon
Awase Miso (2 tablespoons)
Garlic (Crushed)
Ginger (Paste)
White Pepper
Soy Sauce (a touch)
Palm Sugar (1 tbps)
Sake (2 tbps)
Water (1/4 cup)

In a skillet, add a touch of oil and add crushed garlic and ginger paste and sauté until fragrant. Add a touch of soy sauce, sake, palm sugar, white pepper, and miso. Cook until reduced.

Pat salmon dry. Place skin-side down on a soaked oak plank on a medium preheated grill. Brush salmon with glaze. Brush more glaze in a few minutes. Finish salmon on direct heat skin-size down. Plate with any remaining glaze.

Serve with rice and garnish with spring onion.

(Note: TBF, I have no clue about measurements. They're guesses. I don't measure anything when I cook)

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I tried making my own A1 sauce today. It's close, different, but overall pretty good!

Empty out a 32oz Ketchup bottle for the container, if you like.
3 cups of Ketchup ( I used Heinz )
1 cup of Worcestershire Sauce ( I used Heinz due to cost )
4 heaping plastic spoonfuls of Cajun seasoning
Mix her up good and put it in the bottle.

80% tastes like A1, 10% like Heinz 57, 10% like BBQ. The cayenne in the Cajun seasoning can be felt after a few minutes, giving it a little something special. :)

Last edited:

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Back from the DEAD Thread.

So, I'm researching how to make a Halloween Challenge somewhat fun and come across this old thread.

As should be expected most Challenge ideas have been tried, within the team or between teams..... And many different BBQ sauce recipes....

Though I may have suggestions for nightshade free BBQ sauces coming soon.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Looks great! I likely won't fire up the smoker until next month to do a brisket, pork, chicken and a turkey. It is just the wif and I for the most part now and I run out of freezer space quickly. My wif bought me a real (and too large) Green Mountain Grill smoker two years ago, it uses wood pellets that work great. Before that I had a small size electric smoker that worked well for years (with wood inserts), but finally the element burned out and it would have cost as much to fix it as a new one. I grew up with smallish vertical electric smokers and it really works well with fish, but not as good as a wood pellet smoker. Some day I may go full side burner style smoker, but we shall see!

My last smoke was like 3 weeks ago with a bunch of pork and some chicken. The wif and I gave a helping or two to all of the neighbors at around 9 p.m. that evening after the big pork butts were good to go! I did not take any pics of that one. I tend to try may different rubs with each smoke and don't repeat very often :)

I am still researching interesting team competitions, but it really looks like it has all been done before.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I am still researching interesting team competitions, but it really looks like it has all been done before.
It doesn't matter if similar stuff has been done before. @cellarnoise's Hair Cut Halloween challenge never happened before now - this is a new thing. I'm sure whatever parameters you come up with for the challenge will be good. I'm excited to participate, to be honest, and am waiting to see what the challenges will be.