The switch to Mozilla (questions)

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000

1. How do I get my mouse wheel to "click and drag" a webpage. Right now, only scroll works

2. How do I get large video files (mpg, wmv) to play in WMP before completely downloading them.
I know I can open the location in WMP, but is it possible by linking in MOzilla ?

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
with regards to #2, you can go into the preferences and edit the FileType mapping.
if the corrent WMP movie filetypes aren't there, you'll have to add your own.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: IcemanJer
with regards to #2, you can go into the preferences and edit the FileType mapping.
if the corrent WMP movie filetypes aren't there, you'll have to add your own.

I dont see "File Type Mapping" anywhere

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
er... maybe they changed the name...
look for something similar, like File Association.. or something like that.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Ok. I changed it ..

but it still downloads the whole file before opening in WMP and starting play

Is there a way to open WMP immediately and start playing the file as it downloads ?

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
have you tried MouseIMP? google for it... its main page is down, and it isn't supported anymore, but download mirrors are still up.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000

Also, it'd be cool if Mozilla had the Google bar, too

Oh well.. guess its back to IE.

Just wish IE didnt almost crash when I go to a certain webpage
that has about 2000 links on it (for some reason stalls at 99% for like a minute).. Mozilla loads it instantly

and the toolbars didn't reset/dissapear all the time..

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
You can put a google thing in the sidebar thing. I use galeon and it has a google toolbar built into it.

0ops

Jul 4, 2001
Question about mozilla mail client (on windows):
When you set a filter to delete mail (i.e. spam), you still get a mail notification even if all
new mails had been deleted. Is there a way to stop that?

GigaCluster

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2001
First, Mozilla has great support for Google without it occupying extra screen space. Simply configure "Internet Search" to use Google, then all you have to do is enter your search string into the Address bar and choose to search for it.

Second, the reason you cannot click and drag (if I understand the term correctly) is because the middle mouse button, or the wheel, is set to open a new tab.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
1.1beta here too. I like the way that the tabs close to the right now, it's fantastic.