'The stupefaction of a nation'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Cad, you really think Murdoch is not trying to push a conservative agenda? Really? While I rarely agree with you, I respect that you are an intelligent guy with actual thought behind your views, but I'm really surprised you feel Murdoch is not doing exactly what you accuse the other side of doing.

Notice I DIDN'T bring up mass media. Murdoch is a business man. Yes he is conservative. Ted Turner is a business man. Yes he is a liberal. Both slant their medias.

Those two aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about GROUPS with an agenda who are buying outlets so they can push their agenda. get it yet? This isn't a thread about media bias - there are plent of those. I was not accusing one side and not the other either;) Notice I talked about 2 specific groups with an self-professed agenda and how they feel it neccessary to buy media outlets to push their agenda.

This really isn't a hard concept to understand here people. Does it help if I call them both(NRA and C(h)AN) political action groups?

CkG

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
First off Cad, no need to be all condescending man, I understand what you are trying to say about the political groups. I wasn't asking you about them, just about whether or not Murdoch was pushing an agenda through his media outlets.

You do realize I compemented you don't you? :p

This really isn't a hard concept to understand here people.

Sorry, it's harder to see things so clearly way down here, plus when I loosened my beanie like you said, it keeps falling down over my eyes...

rolleye.gif
:p

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
There's a lot of money to be made in partisan media. Left, right, whatever. I guess with these action groups buying up channels to deliver their propoganda, at least you know upfront where they're coming from. Personally, I try to listen and expose myself to a lot of different political attitudes. The more different perspectives out there the better IMO. It scares me more to think of media conglomerates owning large chunks of the media and consolidating opinion among their outlets. It would be one thing if Murdoch allowed his outlets to have their own voices and attitudes rather than the top-down sort of opinion management you often see...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
First off Cad, no need to be all condescending man, I understand what you are trying to say about the political groups. I wasn't asking you about them, just about whether or not Murdoch was pushing an agenda through his media outlets.

You do realize I compemented you don't you? :p

This really isn't a hard concept to understand here people.

Sorry, it's harder to see things so clearly way down here, plus when I loosened my beanie like you said, it keeps falling down over my eyes...

rolleye.gif
:p

Sorry for the condensation - I'm just sick of people trying to turn everything into a bash FOX thing whenever the media comes up. My comments were about these two groups with a specific agenda to push. Like I said - Murdoch may infact slant his medias just like the others do(which people conveinently forget about). You won't ever get rid of bias in the media, but groups specifically buying media for the sole intent of pushing their agenda is sad.

CkG

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Hey, fair enough. :) If I spent as much time in this forum as you do, I might be a bit snippy myself. :)

Of course, now that my feelings have been hurt, I will need a social program to pay for my cheering up...:Q;):D

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Hey, fair enough. :) If I spent as much time in this forum as you do, I might be a bit snippy myself. :)

Of course, now that my feelings have been hurt, I will need a social program to pay for my cheering up...:Q;):D

Talk to moonie - I think he skipped his "session" today. Maybe his therapist has an opening for you;) Remember - spending because of guilt or to "feel good" is an emotional crutch;)

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Talk to moonie - I think he skipped his "session" today. Maybe his therapist has an opening for you;) Remember - spending because of guilt or to "feel good" is an emotional crutch;)

CkG
Spending money to feel good is a SIN. Remember you are worthless and don't deserve to feel good.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

CkG

Sorry, Moonbean and I are all booked up for the month.. sad Santa's and all..

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
They, especially need help... they stand with knife and butter and know not which side of the bread to spread it upon..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: LunarRay
They, especially need help... they stand with knife and butter and know not which side of the bread to spread it upon..
How interesting that you should mention bread and butter. The brainwashing I mentioned that can't be seen, you can get a glimpse of in a saying. "The bread always falls butter side down." It does so because we expect the worse because it's what we secretly feel we deserve. Just my luck too.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
How interesting that you should mention bread and butter. The brainwashing I mentioned that can't be seen, you can get a glimpse of in a saying. "The bread always falls butter side down." It does so because we expect the worse because it's what we secretly feel we deserve. Just my luck too.

They know the bread will fall but, on which side will it land.. perplexing that is.. so they stand and ponder but, then in a state of utter panic they butter neither side for fear the inevitable will occur and it might be the wrong side.. then what.. :D

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000

Hmmm....seems the solution is simple... Butter the crust only...that way no matter what side hits the ground, the butter will not. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

Hmmm....seems the solution is simple... Butter the crust only...that way no matter what side hits the ground, the butter will not. :D

That would surely be neurotic behavior and 'They' are never that.. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Nixon would have his 'body man' do the buttering and when it landed butter side down he's simply blame them... like the tapes and Butterfield.. :D but, I digress.. :D