The strangeness of the Red Stripe beer commercial

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
I think it's a racist stereotype and should be removed immediately! ;)

It's pretty funny.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
If your friend won't give you his keys, take his pants. Hooray responsibility!

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
A quick google search gave me the following -

...this selection cost me $10.00 for a six pack. A box of 12 would have cost me $15... 12 oz. bottles. Ouch, that's some expensive beer.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Imagine a white beer company that said "Helping our black friends [insert non-racist but stereotypical action here] for over [insert number of years in business]."

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Hold on a minute. Red Stripe is baaaad beer. It ranks with crap like Coors, Pearl, Lone Star, Fox Deluxe, Bud, PBR, Keystone. If you think any of these is worth washing your socks in let alone drinking go get yourself educated.

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
its not that bad. i see albertson's running specials on it all the time that come out to about $5.99 before taxes for a 6-pack. pretty much a buck a bottle.

overst33r

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
Imagine a white beer company that said "Helping our black friends [insert non-racist but stereotypical action here] for over [insert number of years in business]."

pretty much anything would be considered racist these days...

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer
Hold on a minute. Red Stripe is baaaad beer. It ranks with crap like Coors, Pearl, Lone Star, Fox Deluxe, Bud, PBR, Keystone. If you think any of these is worth washing your socks in let alone drinking go get yourself educated.

Red Stripe is actually quite tasty. By no means is it a super-elite microbrew (MagnusTheBrewer may be a little biased, based solely on his name), but it's pretty delicious.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I guess ill stick with coronas.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

QFT.
Red Stripe is goat piss.
I would rather drink a warm, "green", Becks.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
All right guys, at least TRY to broaden your horizens and try drinking some of the lighter German or English beers. Better yet, go down to your local brew ingredient supplier and start brewing your own. Buying beer based on price, mildness of taste, alchohol content or commercials is only demonstrating how uneducated, unsophisticated and, young you are.

Life is still too short to drink bad beer.

blahter

Oct 11, 2005
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

QFT.
Red Stripe is goat piss.
I would rather drink a warm, "green", Becks.

Becks
now that is a good beer

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth
is this beer any good? never had it before.
I really enjoy it, not really worth the price though.

how much does it usually run?
About standard for an import, $8 or so for a 6-pack.

not too expensive imo; but the taste is rather bland imo.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

so what common, cheap beer are good? the ones that you can buy from supermarket?

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
All right guys, at least TRY to broaden your horizens and try drinking some of the lighter German or English beers. Better yet, go down to your local brew ingredient supplier and start brewing your own. Buying beer based on price, mildness of taste, alchohol content or commercials is only demonstrating how uneducated, unsophisticated and, young you are.

Life is still too short to drink bad beer.

Yeah, we are all beer noobs because we don't agree with your personal tastes..