The Steam Gift Thread!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
If anyone has a spare copy of Farm Simulator, I would appreciate it!
I know a lot of people got it for free during the holidays, and it was a joke to most.
I would actually like to play it. I loved SimFarm back in the early 90s. :)

jordanecmusic

Jun 24, 2011
pc gaming is much more expensive then console gaming.

who cares? was a console gamer till i got this one single core pc and added a 8600 gt graphics card and WOW the results were more impressive than those gaming consoles with 3 cores or 7 spus or whatever.

PC gaming can be more expensive dependent on what you put into your rig. But seriously. Antialiasing, Antistropic Filtering, Higher Resolution Textures, and Mods make it COMPLETELY worth while. The immersion is addictive. Plus any game where you have to aim a gun, whether it be tps or fps, mouse and keyboard dominate.

Right now im running a i5-2500k, gtx560 2gb, 1tb hdd, 8 gigs of corsair vengance. I gotta say, total 800$ (plus arkham city and shogun 2 free and 50$ rebates on the equip) for the stuff I could do with this pc is much much better than using a 300$ console. BTW I have a ps3 and 360. I call them my dust collecters. They keep the dust away from my pc. :D

jordanecmusic

Jun 24, 2011
The initial investment is, but once you save hundreds on steam sales the cost difference is negligible.

Man if the console gamers knew about the holiday sales, they would be infuriated.

I picked up arkham city for free, the gta complete collection for 10$, just cause 2 for free, sonic generations for 10$, fallout new vegas for 5$, bastion for 3$, Homefront for 5$, traded a hat for portal 2, grid for 3$, Total War: Shogun 2 free, dungeon defenders for 5$, flight control for free, odd world abes exodus for free. $41 right there.

Just imagine how much all that would be on consoles.

Arkham City 60$
Dungeon Defenders $15
Portal 2 $40
Grid $20
Fallout New Vegas $15
GTA4 Complete Edition $30
Homefront $30
Bastion $15
Sonic Generations $50
Just Cause 2: $20
NOT INCLUDED: Shogun 2, oddworld, flight control
TOTAL: $295

images

I think I saved enough money, enough money to buy a console!

ZING!

MistaFreeze

Feb 18, 2009
I have Assassins Creed Brotherhood that came with a coupon code from my Zotac 570. I'll send it to the first person who PMs me!

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE GOT IT!

Last edited:

Keyalorian12385

Feb 27, 2012
Hello i was wondering if someone could gift me Half-Life the first one i really want to play that and Cry Of Fear. My Steam name is Keyalorian12385 please someone gift it to me.

jamautosound

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2000
I used to have the entire HL series, but somehow my Steam acount doesn't recognize them anymore.

Does anyone have:

Original Half Life
Half Life 2
I have HL2 Episode 1
Half Life Lost Coast

...to gift away?

I started playing Ep 1 again recently and my 10 year old daughter was sitting on the couch cheering me on. :) I'd like to see her start the series from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.

Jodiuh

Oct 25, 2005
...Just imagine how much all that would be on consoles...

A lot, lol. I picked up a Vita last weekend and dropped $90 on 3 games...AND THAT'S W/ BUY 2 GET 1 FREE!

That said, it's pretty darn nifty and there's no Wipeout for PC. :D

Jonesy95

Mar 1, 2012
Hi,
If anyone has any spare games that they wouldn't mid gifting I would be very thankful for them.
Also if anyone has left 4 dead 2 that they don't play then I would also be very grateful for that as all my friends recently bought it but I don't have any money and never do anyway.
Thank you all very much
Jonesy95

Ps: My steam id is phillipjones95

Rasiel

Mar 15, 2012
Would anyone give me some games? In return I could show you some pretty awesome free games. Please give me game, I would love you forever. And any game would be fine even if it's crappy. Also like Jonesy the game I the most is Left 4 Dead since all my friends have it and it looks awesome.

Steam name: Rasiel. Search Rasiel in the community and the first one is me.

Last edited:

Th3Boss

Nov 2, 2005
heatware.com
People need to stop asking for free games especially people with only 1 post.

If someone has a game they would like to give away they will say so.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
People need to stop asking for free games especially people with only 1 post.

If someone has a game they would like to give away they will say so.

Sorry, people have been asking for games since the beginning of this thread, 4-2008. One post or 10K posts doesn't preclude anyone from asking.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I have no idea why I got them but me and at least some of my friends had some Steam coupons suddenly appear in our Steam inventory. The ones we got appear to expire on April 1st and are for seemingly random titles. So log in and check, might get something good.

Anyway I got a coupon for 66% off "Might and Magic Clash of Heroes" and 2x coupons for 50% off "Assassins Creed Revelations" if anyone could use one. Though my friend may be using one of the ACR coupons :)

puppypusher

May 2, 2012
is anyone willing to give me any games (doesnt matter)
ps:im a unemployed homeless guy and my steam id is wufiwug