The Steam Gift Thread!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
BUMP.

Guys post your Steam account names so the giving can begin.

Although I'm not sure if thats a great idea or not (Not sure how aggressive hackers are)

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I'll take whatever I can get, but I'd love Team Fortress 2 and Counterstrike: Source

STEAM - ibex333

sanzen07

Feb 15, 2007
Can you give away individual games on Steam now? Like if I have a game I bought but don't want anymore, can I give it away? I know you can buy games for other people but giving away games you've bought for your own account?

MissG

Apr 23, 2008
New member of steam looking for a new game.
Been playing BF2142 for like a year solid now.

Need a change. Love anything

Steam> FIN105

Thanks,
Gillian xx

mi1stormilst

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2001
I hate the fact that I can't sell or gift ANY of my games. This is the reason I will buy no more through Steam. I want the physical media so I can resale it someday or trade easily.

I have the following to Trade(Gift):

Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode One.

I am looking for:

UT3 / Unreal Deal
Frontlines FOW
STALKER
Audio Surf

ironleg

Mar 30, 2008
anyone getting rid of Frontlines Fuel of war

ironleg1963
ill chech to see what i got to trade

Thanks!

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
If anyone has a spare copy of Counter-Strike:Source, I'd like it.. for my WIFE@! (she has this desire to shoot me apparently, she's NOT a gamer either!)

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I think this thread is a little off. As far as I know, Steam only allows you to gift games for free if you bought The Orange Box and already purchased a copy of Episode 1 or Half Life 2. You'll get a copy of Ep1 and a copy of HL2 to gift to other people.

You can purchase any game on Steam and give it to someone else as a gift, but that's not really free.. that's just being generous.

https://support.steampowered.c...rticle.php?p_faqid=549

Glavinsolo

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
If anyone has Half Life or Half Life Source. The original game I would be grateful.

Glavinsolo -V-

Hit me up

F1N3ST

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2006
I would be so happy if someone could gift me a copy of TF2! I could gift the next time I buy something. I have nothing at the moment though. PM me, thanks a lot.

Eww lol just noticed someone resurrected this thread its old as hell.

one30eight

Sep 16, 2004
I would like a new gaming laptop with steam preinstalled if anyone has one lying around. I think I have a few floppy drives, some IDE cables and a 3/4ths used can of air for trade.

Mar 22, 2002
To be perfectly honest, I'll take whatever games you guys aren't playing anymore. My steam account is currently empty since I forgot the password to the account that actually had my games. I just need something to kill the time. If you got some laying around, send em my way. PM me. Thanks a ton.