The Sims 3 - $14.99 @ Origin (50% off)

Dec 28, 2001
Not to threadcrap (which, since I said it, mean I'm about to threadcrap - no harm intended would be more appropriate): but I really don't see Origin lasting that long as a viable platform for PC gaming.

I'm sure that's a great price, but what happens if they decide to fold support?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Not to threadcrap (which, since I said it, mean I'm about to threadcrap - no harm intended would be more appropriate): but I really don't see Origin lasting that long as a viable platform for PC gaming.

I'm sure that's a great price, but what happens if they decide to fold support?

Outside of the previous Origin thread... Origin is first and foremost a distribution platform for EA. And it's not new either... EADM had been around for YEARS before they renamed it Origin and started adding social features to it. It's not going away any time soon.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
My fiancee loves to play Sims 2, in particular the ability to load all the custom content that the community creates. She is not a gamer, just enjoys tinkering around in Sims.

I'm wondering if she would enjoy this. Anyone play both?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
My fiancee loves to play Sims 2, in particular the ability to load all the custom content that the community creates. She is not a gamer, just enjoys tinkering around in Sims.

I'm wondering if she would enjoy this. Anyone play both?

I got Sims 3 for my wife last year. I think it's just like Sims 2 but with better graphics. She never actually plays either, she just builds houses.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
I got Sims 3 for my wife last year. I think it's just like Sims 2 but with better graphics. She never actually plays either, she just builds houses.
Yeah, same here, she mainly just likes building stuff and putting in new content to mess with. She doesn't "play the game" so to speak.

Sounds like maybe a waste, esp considering her laptop is on the older side.