The Simpsons: Season One DVD Set Announced! *Update* Pre-Order Now Available

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Real Player quality can't compare to DVD...pfffft. I have maybe 80 or so Simpson eps in Real Player and Quicktime format but I'm for sure gonna buy all these seasons. I heard season 2 before christmas? So maybe a season every few months...

I have very few real player or quicktime episodes. Most of mine are mpg files that are 80+ megs each. I can full screen them and they look great. Besides, who needs the best quality for a cartoon?

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
anyone know which season they started useing the better looking characters we see now? I liked the old ones, but dont think those are worth owning.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
The cover art is now available. It's OK, but it could be a little flashier.

Click here to see the cover art.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Man if you're just gonna divx/real them why don't you just go download them now....

Personally I want the real thing, on a dvd, in high quality to keep and watch as I age. The simpsons own....

So who thinks this is the beginning of the end? I'll bet we could have almost all the seasons out by the end of the next seasons, then another set or two while the movie is in theaters, then the simpsons movie on dvd, and thats it?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000

MOE: "Yeah, let me check. Amanda Hugnkiss. Amanda Hugnkiss. Why can't I find Amanda Hugnkiss."
(Laughter from Barney, Homer, and other guys in the bar.)
BARNEY: "Maybe your standards are too high."
(Continued Laughter.)

Man, I love the Simpsons. Will have to get that.

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
i noticed that the characters in the first season (and earlier) don't have the lovable personalities that they have now. Its something that formed over time.

can't wait for the later dvds to come out. this is looong overdue.

bigd480

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
that's one of the most brilliant marketing schemes ever... ppl already buy DVD's they would never buy the tapes of just to have em (Batman)... they keep the public's attention and make them want to collect the whole set because if you have two or three you're gonna want em all...