The second day of summer is reason enough to throw a party!!!! (Durham, NC) Invitation inside!

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Saturday, June 22nd - 7:00PM till ???
Durham, NC

Hey all,
Instead of getting my daily dose of solar radiation yesterday (Sunday), I kept myself in my war room learning Macromedia Flash. I created a party invitation so that everybody would email it out to friends and associates. I know some people will not open a file that ends in an executable (.EXE), so I made this webspace for all browser-bound folks:

http://home1.gte.net/res0nm4w/party/

There you will have access to the party invitation as a download (.exe or .hqx for Mac users) or as a Flash-enabled webpage. I also created a page for map, directions, and a friendly reminder for people to bring stuff. Please try it out and tell me if you like it or not. It was quick and dirty work, nothing fancy. As to the invitation, I tried to really be cheesy. So if it looks crude, well then it must be a reflection of the developer! (The web .swf file compressed to 500K. Flash players - Windows: 1.5 MB, Mac: 2 MB)

I don't know if you can make it, but if you can't, at least add your critique of the flash movie here in this thread! Everybody else, get your butts over here this weekend! As you can see, I have been really suffering since IBM kicked me out of their clubhouse.

We're going to have grilled food, at least one keg, and one of the hosts is busy this week mixing CDs!!! (five CD turntable that plays MP3s!)

I was thinking of setting up the webcam and let it stream pics of the party. But the party looks to be big as the other two houses involved are busy emailing out invitations.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
My family is from Durham, ever heard of the Crabtree Valley Mall?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Man, that's just down the road from my wife's hometown (Burlington). We're up there pretty often visiting her family....not that weekend tho.:(

Hope it goes well....those of us who cannot attend will of course expect highly embarassing pics to be posted the Monday following the party. ;)

Fausto

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: crab453
My family is from Durham, ever heard of the Crabtree Valley Mall?
yup, that's where the lovely Gina cuts my hair. Nitemare at Christmas shoppin season, tho.

I wonder how the big "Streets of SoutPoint" mall here in Durham will fare. I-40 traffic is such a hassle just to get there. I can't wait till they go four-lane.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
^^ bump for the vampire crowd ^^

and can somebody check out the flash program and critique it for me?

thanks.

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
direct link...
haha.. i thought it was cute but sorta corny.... i dont know how to do flash, so i dont know how hard it is... so its rough for me to critique it...