The Second Amendment is...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: shuan24
If there were no guns, then people wouldn't need them.

nope we would still be using swords, axes etc. so whats your point again?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

So why were firearms invented in the first place?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003

Ya, b/c before guns there was no war and everybody lived in peace b/c nobody would want to use the energy to fight with swords, sticks, clubs, and bows and arrows.

edit: uuhh, ya what the 3 people above me said ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: K1052
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I :heart: the 2nd Amendment
I :heart: living in a shall issue state
I :heart: my CHL

That should pretty well make my views clear.

:D

Viper GTS

Are you carrying yet?

Not at work (probably not going to take the risk of losing my license, especially when I'll be laid off in a few months anyway), other than that yes.

Just got it yesterday, still getting used to it.

Viper GTS

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: K1052
I :heart: the 2nd Amendment
I :heart: living in a shall issue state
I :heart: my CHL

That should pretty well make my views clear.

:D

Viper GTS

Are you carrying yet?

Not at work (probably not going to take the risk of losing my license, especially when I'll be laid off in a few months anyway), other than that yes.

Just got it yesterday, still getting used to it.

Viper GTS

Now of course I must ask: What are you carrying?
:)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

If there were no guns, I'd be psyched to be first guy with one...

Rilescat

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Mwilding

If there were no guns, I would have the most kickass slingshot of all time!

shenaniganz

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Rilescat
Originally posted by: Mwilding

If there were no guns, I would have the most kickass slingshot of all time!

Lol.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear slingshots, shall not be infringed.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Screw slingshots, I'd want a shield, javelin, and one of those jai a'lai things. I'd be able to pwn all of Europe with that. Provided there's rocks.

shenaniganz

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Amorphus
Screw slingshots, I'd want a shield, javelin, and one of those jai a'lai things. I'd be able to pwn all of Europe with that. Provided there's rocks.

If someday the world banned all guns I would invent a hand crossbow (like a handgun). But I would try to pass some sort of law that would never limit the number of arrows in my quiver. Also, the law would say that there's no waiting period for buying a hand crossbow. After the invention of the hand crossbow I would move onto inventing things like semi automatic arrow loading hand crossbows, or even the deadliest of all--assault crossbows.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Yup, I'm all for the right to bare arms too. I'm looking to buy a nuke in the near future to protect myself from invaders.

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
Originally posted by: JDub02
Too bad the government likes infringing on it everyday. :(

anti-gun nuts don't realize that police only show up after the crime to draw chalk outlines and figure out why you got killed and who did it ...

If we all carried firearms, 9/11 wouldn't have been a tragedy ... 19 gun totin' hijackers are no match for several hundred gun totin' Americans. :)

As a gun enthusiast I get it, but I really wish you guys would stop using that stupid 9/11 analogy. It does nothing but make us look like ignorant trigger-happy rednecks. Would you please spend thirty seconds and think about why a gunfight aboard a 747 involving a hundred or so inexperienced, untrained, undisciplined gun totin' Americans might not turn out well?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: phantom309

anti-gun nuts don't realize that police only show up after the crime to draw chalk outlines and figure out why you got killed and who did it ...

If we all carried firearms, 9/11 wouldn't have been a tragedy ... 19 gun totin' hijackers are no match for several hundred gun totin' Americans. :)

As a gun enthusiast I get it, but I really wish you guys would stop using that stupid 9/11 analogy. It does nothing but make us look like ignorant trigger-happy rednecks. Would you please spend thirty seconds and think about why a gunfight aboard a 747 involving a hundred or so inexperienced, untrained, undisciplined gun totin' Americans might not turn out well?
How about 50 well motivated people with bic pens?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: shenaniganz

If someday the world banned all guns I would invent a hand crossbow (like a handgun). But I would try to pass some sort of law that would never limit the number of arrows in my quiver. Also, the law would say that there's no waiting period for buying a hand crossbow. After the invention of the hand crossbow I would move onto inventing things like semi automatic arrow loading hand crossbows, or even the deadliest of all--assault crossbows.
I call shens! ;)

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
Yup, I'm all for the right to bare arms too. I'm looking to buy a nuke in the near future to protect myself from invaders.

Bare arms? We don't want to see your pale, pasty, girly-man arms. Put on a sweatshirt or something, you pansy! :p

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: shenaniganz

A semi automatic crossbow would suck. You ever try pulling back a cross bow? How do you expect a gangster to do that side ways? And with a high rate of fire.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: phantom309

No crap.

I'm all for gun ownership. But come one people that say if they were on that plane they would have shot them is bullcrap.

a gunfight aboard a 747 is silly. its to compact and to crowded. odds on hitting someone sitting there is good.

Jmmsbnd007

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: cheapbidder01
That is so extremely flawed I will not even bother.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

19 knife-wielding terrorists are no match for ONE gun-totin' passenger. Period. Unfortunately, if said passenger isn't shooting along the aisle and hits one of the sidewalls or a window, the whole plane is basically fuxed.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
2nd amendment still isn't applied to the states, so it doesn't really matter. As a citizen of the US NATIONAL government you have a right to bear arms, but the amendment hasn't been applied to the states yet (if i recall correctly).