THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL! YOU CAN BUY IT! EBAY AUCTION!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Haha...

Add a little ginger and sesame oil, cook in wok for 7 minutes until golden and tender, serve over rice with mustard sauce. :D

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
BTW, that ad was hillarious! That photoshopped pic is teh funnay :D

Man you got alot of enemies... that sucks...

As far as I know the only person that hates me is Reddawn. I could be wrong though.
Don't worry, I hate you too. :p

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
That auction has been taken over by the high-bidding, non-paying sorts. Unfortunate really, because it is a great joke.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
[w]Payment must be Pay Pal, US Currency, US Postal Money Order, The Pope?s hat, any Duesenberg in any condition, the original Batmobile, Antique toilet plungers, a genuine autographed Super Dave Osborn play set, a Spiro T. Agnew lunchbox, the safe return of all my missing socks and pens, a live Platypus, or Spock?s ears.[/quote]

Favorite part!!

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
it's not often that I find "humorous" eBay auctions amusing, but this one takes the cake. It made me grin :)

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Originally posted by: sparkyclarky
That auction has been taken over by the high-bidding, non-paying sorts. Unfortunate really, because it is a great joke.

You mean these people? http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/20/technology/20EBAY.html

Yeah, it's sad, I mean if it was truly the vigilantes who took it over. I loved the description and feel that should have at least been worth something. Of course I guess everyone saw it as a joke and just decided to bid on it as a joke.

So what happens when someone doesn't pay? Negative feedback? That's it?

yOyOYoo

Mar 21, 2001
when the auction is over, is the original ebay seller going to be hit with a FATA$$ bill for ebay fees??

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
Originally posted by: werk
I'm going to buy it and send it to Flyermax

Oh wow, it only took a whole minute this time before the bashing started
rolleye.gif

I hadn't even posted in the thread yet either...
What is your fascination with me, werk?
I can understand if you hate me because your father tells you to, but my Father tells me to love you so I'll just ignore your hateful comments and, instead, wish you the best of luck :)

Wow, that is a pretty cool comeback.

R

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: dcdomain
Invalid Item...
Anyone save the item description?

The Root of All Evil resides in my driveway. It has caused many to trip, 3 or more motorcycles and their riders to fall over, and only last Friday it?s Mephistophelean influence nearly caused a young lady to fall face-first onto a jagged rock in front of two greasy hillbilly?s. Lucifer himself inhabits this menace to safety. The true nature of this odious radicle was confirmed when the first picture caught him unprepared and evidenced the vile corruption of his Satanic presence.

Indeed, the dark pit of Acheron is located within this fibrous vessel, which could explain Dante?s description of Hell as having rings.

I don?t know why the Foul Fiend is suffused into this appendage of a 250 Ft. Ponderosa Pine, but I have chosen to exorcise him from my tree, and banish him from my yard for all eternity.

My early attempt to destroy this demonically permeated peril by fighting Hellfire with fire, was met with scorn, barely darkening a small portion of Gehenna?s gnarled outer skin.

I have unearthed the unholy infestation with blessed pick, smote the abomination with anointed ax, and deracinated the malignant growth with the uncontestable power of the rust-Holy Jeepster?s mighty winch.

Since I am not certain of the possibility of a mere mortal destroying the Root of All Evil, or if Good can exist without Evil, I shall leave this quandary for the minds of others. The Winner of the auction may attempt to destroy it, or continue to keep the Evil captured inside. In this case, I suggest sub-division into smaller bits of lesser evil, dicing it into units of the Cube Root of Evil, and burial at the four corners of the Earth.

The Root of All Evil is 40 inches long and weighs approximately 10 pounds.

I cannot guarantee that the evil manifestation will arrive with the Root, it may escape it's aluminum-foil bonds, become disincarnate, and possess the UPS driver.

Payment must be Pay Pal, US Currency, US Postal Money Order, The Pope?s hat, any Duesenberg in any condition, the original Batmobile, Antique toilet plungers, a genuine autographed Super Dave Osborn play set, a Spiro T. Agnew lunchbox, the safe return of all my missing socks and pens, a live Platypus, or Spock?s ears.

Shipping and handling will be $20.00
There will be NO sale to those outside of the USA, as most governments will not allow the importation of unspeakable evil, and I support the American Logger by refusing to ship unprocessed lumber overseas.

and there was a few accompanying pics of the root with satan growing out of it, and a crazy looking dude