The Rock for president 2020?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Gotcha but still he plays Dungeons & Dragons

That actually does count for something with me. Means he can handle the basic reading, math and tactics that still eludes people like Dubya and Dump. Being a DM denotes organizational skills, right?

If he shows up at a debate with a shirt that says 'Thieves do it from behind' or some shit, I will grudgingly have to give him my vote. Sorry Tyson.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
That actually does count for something with me. Means he can handle the basic reading, math and tactics that still eludes people like Dubya and Dump. Being a DM denotes organizational skills, right?

If he shows up at a debate with a shirt that says 'Thieves do it from behind' or some shit, I will grudgingly have to give him my vote. Sorry Tyson.

Even more fun would be ranking candidates in terms of their individual character abilities.

The Rock is uhh...rocking some natural 18's on Strength and Charisma. Probably Constitution too.

Make up character sheets for each candidate and post them prior to debates. Pull in the nerd vote. :D

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Reagan worked out great and Trump has not blown up the world already contrary to what most lefties thought would happen. So let's call celebs 1-0-1 so far. Hardly a reason to write them off entirely,
yup, not blowing up the world yet is the standard we should judge Trump. This is Republican party now. From tear down this wall to ... well at least he hasn't blown up the world yet.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Thanks but no, we already have celebrity POTUS, I do not want another one.

Having said that, on a lighter note, if he does end up running against Trump, I'll probably throw my vote his way for the lolz factor alone. The entertainment factor alone should be worth it since sound policy, integrity, and honesty don't seem to matter anymore.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
That's not Johnson, that's Diesel.
Who should obviously be his Veep.

I would absolutely vote for the Rock. He's smart, a good businessman, a good father and husband. In a business dominated by loathsome egotists he has remained humble, thoughtful of those around him, and generally thought by all to be an extremely nice guy. He has zero political baggage or debts, is not known to be fanatical about anything, and has been extremely supportive of the military and law enforcement without patting himself on the back or arranging to have himself lauded. Everybody says we want the swamp drained - well, here's a chance to hire a man who hasn't spent the last few decades wallowing himself a comfy corner of it. Plus, he can mo' debininitely whoop some alligator ass. And perhaps most important, he has a good sense of humor.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris
Feb 4, 2009

I would absolutely vote for the Rock. He's smart, a good businessman, a good father and husband. In a business dominated by loathsome egotists he has remained humble, thoughtful of those around him, and generally thought by all to be an extremely nice guy. He has zero political baggage or debts, is not known to be fanatical about anything, and has been extremely supportive of the military and law enforcement without patting himself on the back or arranging to have himself lauded. Everybody says we want the swamp drained - well, here's a chance to hire a man who hasn't spent the last few decades wallowing himself a comfy corner of it. Plus, he can mo' debininitely whoop some alligator ass. And perhaps most important, he has a good sense of humor.

Hmm our Elite has brought up some good points

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Yeah, no!

I'm glad that trump has lowered the bar for being president so much that anyone thinks they can be president now.

We certainly don't need a real life president Camacho.
Actually, I'd argue one of the great things about America is that anyone can be president, not just the elite. Now having said that, Dwayne Johnson may be completely unqualified, but so is our sitting president so I'm not seeing a problem there.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

So he's basically Obama, at double the body mass. Somehow I don't think the WWE connection would be enough to spare him from what Obama put up with though. One 'demographically symbolic' president was enough, remember?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

I can smell it already.