The "regular" MacBook makes the MacBook Air look like Fred Flinstone's abacus.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rugby

Oct 11, 2001
One small anecdote does not compute. I can point to a district that rushed to Chromebooks and was willing to lose money and cancel a contract their iPads were unreliable and too fragile and the support sucked.

They went with Chromebooks because iPads were too fragile? They should enjoy their $200 laptops which will be a terrible experience for them then.

Sucks to be them.

Pneumothorax

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2002
I think the MBP keyboard is decent, but it doesn't compare in feel to a full mechanical keyboard for example. But for a laptop, it's very good, and it's more suited for me, since the usual increased resistance of a mechanical keyboard gives me repetitive strain injury.

However, the 12" MacBook's keyboard is VERY different from the MBP's keyboard.

I sure hope the next gen rMBP DOES NOT USE the same stinking keyboard as my wife's rMB. I cannot get used to that short key travel at all. All the current rumors that Apple's obsession with thinness is going to carry over into the rMBP line and neuter it. Why not? They've already done with it with the trash can unupgradable nMP. It's why I have a Haswell hackintosh to complement my rMBP's...