The Red Wings lose Cheli and Thomas to knee injuries... Now TEN regulars are out!

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
These guys are dropping like flies!They now have EIGHT regulars out of the lineup.
  • Derian Hatcher - Torn ACL
  • Henrik Zetterberg - Broken leg
  • Tomas Holmstrom - Dislocated shoulder
  • Darren McCarty - Back injury
  • Steve Yzerman - Groin injury
  • Ray Whitney - Groin Injury
  • Chris Chelios - Sprained knee
  • Steve Thomas - Arthroscopic knee surgery
  • Dominik Hasek - Groin injury
  • Manny Legacy - Knee injury

The bright side?... They are still in first place in their division. :D

EDIT: Added Hasek and Legace to the list. The Wings will have like nine minor leaguers suited up tonight, including goalie Joey MacDonald who will be backing up CuJo.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
What's the prognosis?

Out for the season?

EDIT: OK, AP reports: Detroit Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios will miss three to four weeks with a sprained right knee and was placed on injured reserve Tuesday.

What about Steve Thomas?

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Squisher
What about Steve Thomas?
Thomas, who is in his 20th season, will undergo arthroscopic surgery on Thursday and be sidelined five to six weeks. The 40-year-old has six goals and four assists in 14 games.

DarkMajiq

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2000
Bah, we (Colorado) won the President's Trophy in 1998 when Ozolinsh sat out the first half of the season and at the beginning we had nearly all of our top players - Forsberg, Deadmarsh, Foote, Drury, and I forget who else, but I think for a while we had nine regular players out.

BTW, this is the risk you run when your team's average age is 35 ;)

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
It's gonna seem like a different team when all these guys start returning.

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
Although I always root against the Red Wings ... I still hate to see any team suffer so many injuries - especially to quality players.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
they picked up a bunch of guys from the Grand Rapids Griffins, their AHL program...

One of the guys, Niklas Knronwall, bought his TV from me last month :)