The REAL football season starts in just 1 week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
You thought there were very few NHL fans on this forum?
How about CFL fans?! July 1st baby!

Summertime football, games on less than 4 nights a week like it should be, fans that go for the football and not the nascar, and very few murderers on the field at any one time.

I used to despise CFL and would watch all the NFL I could. If the NFL didn't have freaks of nature playing, it'd probably be a lot less watched if you were just going to see sport instead of a circus.

Last edited:

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
It's funny how lightbulbs get more exposure here than a professional sports league. :D

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
CFL = compact fluorescent light

What are you talking about?

I'm a big fan of CFL...they save me lots on my light bill as compared to incandescent bulbs.

What's that? The op meant Canadian Football Leage? WTF is that?

A bunch of Canuckstanians running around the field with a block of ice? :p

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I'm constantly amused by the massive fucking endzones in the CFL and the goal posts up front. We did away with those quite a while ago... what gives Canada? When the endzones are that big it takes away a lot of the difficulty of getting a touchdown from the redzone.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
I'm constantly amused by the massive fucking endzones in the CFL and the goal posts up front. We did away with those quite a while ago... what gives Canada? When the endzones are that big it takes away a lot of the difficulty of getting a touchdown from the redzone.

That is true, although trying to keep the other team under 40 is the opposite end of that challenge.
Drunk fans like touchdowns. :awe:

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You thought there were very few NHL fans on this forum?
How about CFL fans?! July 1st baby!

Summertime football, games on less than 4 nights a week like it should be, fans that go for the football and not the nascar, and very few murderers on the field at any one time.

I used to despise CFL and would watch all the NFL I could. If the NFL didn't have freaks of nature playing, it'd probably be a lot less watched if you were just going to see sport instead of a circus.

Both NFL and CFL are but silly imitations of the best sport in the history of athletics: Rugby Union.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Both NFL and CFL are but silly imitations of the best sport in the history of athletics: Rugby Union.

If I understood the rules of that or Aussie Rules, I'd most likely agree with you. Fun to watch, but don't have a clue whats going on!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Thats why it sucks and no one likes it any more. July through March? What the fuck is that stupidity?

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
If I understood the rules of that or Aussie Rules, I'd most likely agree with you. Fun to watch, but don't have a clue whats going on!

Yeah, the laws (not rules) of Rugby are privledged information. They're only made available to worthy spectators. Maybe someday you'll be cool enough to get it. :awe:

Status
Not open for further replies.