The prettiest FPS games out today

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
Most FPS lately aren't exactly what I would call pretty or even graphically demanding.

The most beautiful and most demanding game I've played in the last year is Witcher 3. Blood and Wine is simply gorgeous. I wish I could pause the cut scenes so I could just admire the landscape.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
I think the prettiest game to ever grace the PC without it being too demanding is "The vanishing of Ethan Carter". It's a First Person Puzzle solver and easily the most gorgeous game world to date. I don't think there are too many aesthetically pleasing FPS's out there that stand out since they all look the same.
Maybe the upcoming Deus Ex will change that.

JimmiG

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2005
I think the prettiest game to ever grace the PC without it being too demanding is "The vanishing of Ethan Carter". It's a First Person Puzzle solver and easily the most gorgeous game world to date. I don't think there are too many aesthetically pleasing FPS's out there that stand out since they all look the same.
Maybe the upcoming Deus Ex will change that.

It's an incredibly beautiful game, though it doesn't have to concern itself with a lot of animations, AI etc. which allowed them to concentrate on the world itself.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Yeah, when I saw the NPCs only then did I realize that it was more about the world with a story woven into it. Also, if you see making videos of the game, you'll realize how much hard work they've put in with the amount of photographs they've taken to be made into textures.
With terms of texture beauty, animations and facial expressions and just graphics in general, I think Uncharted 4 has touched new heights. And if something can be that beautiful on a console then I'm assuming that most of the PC game developers are just plain lazy.

Last edited:

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
funny, just going over graphics comparisons, it seems like Doom 3 looks better? but maybe I just prefer the artistic style more.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Vermintide is actually quite detailed, but most of the time everybody is moving so fast you cant appreciate it.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
Prolly gonna get flamed for this...

But I think FO4 looks pretty good.

Of course, I've begun to admit to myself that I need glasses.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
FPS?

Doom probably. The division looks pretty nice as well (awful game, but pretty, also its technically a 3rd person shooter)

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Doom is gorgeous and a technical marvel.

I just recently started re-playing Hard Reset, and it's also a very pretty game. Very colorful and fast moving with bright lights everywhere.

Squeetard

Nov 13, 2004
I can never get it to look like that, even when i install the top30 mods on nexusmods...what am I always doing wrong lol?

The guy that did those pics has over 200gb of mods installed. Been tweaking them for 4 years. Saw those pics on reddit and that explanation.

Mar 10, 2006
I really, really love how Doom looks. Not sure if it's the technical graphics or the art that's giving it that unique beauty, but it doesn't matter :p

deanx0r

Oct 1, 2002
I can never get it to look like that, even when i install the top30 mods on nexusmods...what am I always doing wrong lol?

Installing new meshes, 4k textures and ENB will only get you halfway there. It is not just a matter of pushing the graphic sliders to the max: you usually have to dig enb config files and change settings 1 by 1. It is time consuming and tedious. Those types of screenshots are taken with graphics settings pushed to the max that usually render the game unplayable (<30fps on titan class gpus).

Last edited:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Graphic intensity and prettiest don't always go hand in hand. Art direction is a big part of it for me.

I think my favorite game for art direction currently and prettiness goes to Bioshock Infinite. I've played a bit of Ethan Carter, but I don't really care for the aesthetics.

Alien: Isolation beats out Doom IMO, even though it may not be as advanced technically or be overbearingly intensive as Doom or Cyrsis and such.

Neither of those games require mods or anything other than just turning up the graphics.

If you are just looking for something that will kill your system to look nice, then yes, Skyrim modded out until it is unplayable is the go to.