The Police

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Anyone here in the force? I am looking at it for the future (I'm in the UK, but I guess principles are similar in America)
Anyone got any experience of the force, whether it's an OK job or what you need etc? Any comments would be welcome.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
my one piece of advice: when you become a cop, don't go all apesh|t and be a dick on a power trip.

Then I'll like you. :)

nik

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I hear they are reuniting for a 3 song set at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt
my one piece of advice: when you become a cop, don't go all apesh|t and be a dick on a power trip.

nik
This being the reason why nik can't be a cop.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: ffmcobalt

nik
This being the reason why nik can't be a cop.

I wouldn't want to be a cop. I've had to deal with customers all day, I wouldn't want to deal with REAL idiots all day. Traffic stops, drug busts, idiot pimps, etc.

But I have no problem being a leader.

nik

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Lonyo
(I'm in the UK, but I guess principles are similar in America)

I don't know if its the same but our cops dont' have to wear ridiculous bobby hats or whatever you call them. They also dont' have to attack people with sticks. We get to use guns :)

Oh yeah, and our cops brush after eating donuts.

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
Well if the principle is the same, you better get used to small paycheque. I know $$$ is not a high priority for some people, but its a must in life.