the physicist and the chicken!

Cosmic_Horror

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

A farmer was having terrible problems with his chickens - they were becoming quite ill, so he called in the local vet. When the vet arrived, he examined the chickens, but was unable to determine what the problem was.

The farmer thought, "Let's see what the more traditional sciences can tell me", and called the local university who sent out a biologist, a chemist and a physicist.

The biologist went first - she looked at the chickens feathers, and studied some of their cells under an optical microscope - all to no avail, she couldn't work out what the problem was.

Next, the chemist mixed up some elixirs using his portable test tube rack, took a little of the chickens' skin, and performed a few exothermic reactions, but also had no idea of why the chickens were sick.

Finally, the physicist arrived.
He insisted that he didn't need to see the chickens, but requested a whiteboard and some markers.
For about twenty minutes he derived equations, drew graphs and mumbled to himself, until finally he yelled, "I've got the solution!"

"Great!", exclaimed the farmer, "That's fantastic!"

And then the physicist said.

"But it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum..."

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
lol. Toothfairy, it's stating how physicists always give impractical solutions to problems.

Livin4Real

Mar 25, 2000
OOOOH! I've got one for all you telemarketers out there!
Two telemarketers walk into a bar. The first one says to the other
"Man I sure could go for some action" The second one replies" Heck, I've been screwin' old ladies all day"

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
AMD...

It's not so much an impractical solution, as it is simplifying the problem to a level where it's feasible to solve it without utilizing a supercomputer.

Viper GTS

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
LOL... LOL

LOL

i can't stop laughing.

spherical chickens in a vacuum... :D

Cosmic_Horror

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Mday..

i am glad someone appricates the joke :)

i also couldn't stop laughing when i got this in an email! :)