The Philanthropist - Are they really canceling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
OMFG! Networks fucking suck. First, the best show ever, Arrested Development, was sabotaged and subsequently canceled. Then they canceled Kings without giving it a proper season finale or wrap-up. Now they are canceling The Philanthropist?

I'm surprised LOST wasn't canceled.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Safeway

I only saw two when it was repeated on USA network during the wee hours of the night and thought it was a little on the unbelievable side.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I no longer watch network TV because just when you get invested in a series they cancel it. These douchebags need to realize their market has shrunk CONSIDERABLY due to cable, pay movie channels, home theaters etc. The glory days are over. They are not going to have any shows with huge market share anymore except for things like American Idol...but that cannot play that 24/7. There have been quite a few good shows cancelled on all the networks over the last few years because these idiots do not realize it is not 1977 anymore. I will no longer watch any new shows because I don't want to start to like a show just for them to cancel it. For me the straw was when NBC cancelled Life, which was one of the best shows to come along in years in my opinion.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Originally posted by: CrazyHelloDeli
I wanted to like it but couldn't. Didn't give a fuck about any of the characters.

I really got into the characters, thought they were pretty believable.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
But fuck, there are three genres that are taking over all the networks: law/crime, medicine, and reality/contests.

What the fuck man. I don't want to see law and medicine EVERY NIGHT.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Pretty phony show with lots of predictable plot turns and twists.

None of the characters seemed to be the slightest bit believable.

I won't miss it.

Come on...usually within a few minutes, the main character is bedding some nefarious female...who takes on a semi-important role in the episode...:roll:

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl
They canceled it? I didn't know they canceled Kings, either.

Kings never even had a chance. They didn't have a clue on how to market it. The show would have done a lot better on HBO. I liked the series and I thought it was an ok ending. It was more left to your imagination what would happen than a cliffhanger. It's sort of how Jericho ended. You could tell there was more of the story to tell, but that chapter was completed.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
I liked Philanthropist just because it shed light on different parts of the world. While the fiction wasn't very believable, I found the fact they wove in made the show worth watching. Sorry to hear they're canceling it (I watched it on Hulu, never on tv.)

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: AreaCode707
I liked Philanthropist just because it shed light on different parts of the world. While the fiction wasn't very believable, I found the fact they wove in made the show worth watching. Sorry to hear they're canceling it (I watched it on Hulu, never on tv.)

Same, it was on my Hulu list.

Status
Not open for further replies.