The Perfect Storm

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Good flick. (Bring a hanky)

I am an ex surfer from southern cal. and the very thought of a wave that big on the ocean scares hell outta me.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Darn good movie, No sex, no violence, but very suspenseful, kept me and my wife on the edge the whole time.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I did'nt like it.(perfect storm)
I did'nt like X-men either.(not enough action)

I also hated how gladiator ended. Overral it was good thoug.

I am picky huh?

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Perfect storm was pretty good. Special effects were the best water effects I've ever soon. Plus they talked about some local Massachusetts stuff,which was cool. &quot;Hey skip, we get outta this thing and I'll take you up to Sal'sbury beach and go to th' go carts&quot; But, one thing that didn't work for me was I knew the ending (like anybody from new england probably does) and I was like, oh they only have 20 minutes left. Kinda took something out of it for me.

I thought it was great. I didn't like the ending, only because, well if you saw it you know why. If a movie can make me like Marky Mark, it has to be good.

&quot;She's a hellova ship!&quot;
&quot;With a hellova skippa!&quot;

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I thought The Perfect Storm was great. The other Captain -- Ms. Greenlaw is pretty interesting to listen to. About a month ago, she was on NPR talking about her experiences. The part about the cook dying at sea -- and the crew putting him on ice for a few weeks until they got back to shore was part of a true story.

Linda Greenlaw's book is titled: The Hungry Ocean: A Swordboat Captain's Journey

Antisocial Virge

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 1999
I'm with Mister T

Didn't think it lived up to the hype. There is no way that a torch is gonna stay lit when it is dunked under water...twice. A strong wind can blow them out.