The pain isn't stopping

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
my current resting face...my boss came by and shaved my head.

Attachments

• IMG_0373[1].JPG
    IMG_0373[1].JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 41

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
:(

I can't imagine what you must be going through. It's hard to lose family like that. I don't look forward to the inevitable day I have to go through it myself. One of my coworkers is going through it now, he lost his mom suddenly.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
i dealt with my mom during the sars back in the day...nothing has prepared me for this.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I am sorry for those feels man. They wash over you and you gotta go with it. If you want to talk, shoot me a PM.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My mom suffered thru cancer for a long time. She finally died in December.
I miss her every day, but it stopped hurting probably in March, I think.
Life goes on. Knowing my mother she wouldnt want me sitting around feeling sorry for myself. So I stopped doing that.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
You know what my mom used to do?

She was worried about the direction my life was taking. Obsessing with the market, obsessing about money.

She would send me these intellectual DVDs, courses about who knows what. History, science, sociology etc.

I never opened one of them. They're all still sitting there, in a box somewhere. Shrink wrapped to this day.

We played chamber music almost until the day she died. The last concert we planned was centered around the Archduke trio. But she got too sick to rehearse. The score is still sitting on my piano. It will remain there as long as it can.

Could you imagine a more beautiful way to go out?

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
One of my younger sisters suddenly, unexpectedly died two years ago, leaving behind a husband and four children. Her youngest daughter found her. Those following days were very tough. What helped her husband and children weather the worst of it was their faith in god (which I do not share) and their certainty that their wife/mother would expect them to carry on without her and be very disappointed in them if her passing derailed their lives (which knowing her I definitely believe too). Our lives will never be the same without my sister, but we're gradually finding and getting comfortable with our "new normal". I hope you can too.

And I didn't realize you looked so much like your avatar...

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I found out for me at least, thinking of the many good times was a very good way of dealing with the lost of my dad back in 2010. Found myself laughing a bit more then crying during that time cause honestly you gotta remember those times and hold them. They are precious. Was a odd moment for me cause for the first time in my life, i lost someone i cared about and it was him.

Hang in there op, praying for ya. :)

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
My mom suffered thru cancer for a long time. She finally died in December.
I miss her every day, but it stopped hurting probably in March, I think.
Life goes on. Knowing my mother she wouldnt want me sitting around feeling sorry for myself. So I stopped doing that.
My mom got her cancer diagnosis last September. Already stage 4. Got her in December, 3 months later.

One of the things we always did was play video games together once a week, usually Saturdays. With all the E3-esque stuff going on right now, it's kind of depressing me more than usual. We did not see eye-to-eye on so many things (politics, religion, pretty much anything stereotypically controversial), but gaming always brought us together.

Ah well. As you say, life goes on.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
my current resting face...my boss came by and shaved my head.

Why are you wearing glasses? I thought you got bionic eyes!

Hang in there. Pain is good - it lets you know you're still alive and can feel. You'll get through this. Be strong for your family.