The OQO "Ultra-Personal Computer" is pretty damn cool.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: kalster
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Now, imagine the future, your cell phone/wifi pda/PC/camera in a cell phone sized package with the connectivity of the OQO.

well even at this size using this as a phone wud be a pain

and it infact in the future computers become as small as today's sleekest phones they would be still too weird/uncomfortable to use

a phone shud be a diff device as it is now

Bluetooth headset, Nokia type form factor, multitasking OS.

jst0ney

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2003
I used this one at CES and I was really impressed with it. The rep told me it would debut in q2-3 and retail for ~$2000. That price would have to drop in at least half for me to consider buying but I think that this will be a growing market. There are so many uses. The home dock is what sold me. Very well designed.

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Haven't they done a bunch of variations on this? The EspressoPC they called it.

No, this is significantly different.

They've been promising it for years, I'll believe it when I actually see it on sale.

Viper GTS

Same here, this things got vaporware of the year from /. last year I think, and again several years ago.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
now imagine an office using just these and 15" LCD's. Quite the potential power savings. How long do you think it would take for this thing to pay off the difference in electricity costs between it and a regular desktop.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Kenazo
now imagine an office using just these and 15" LCD's. Quite the potential power savings. How long do you think it would take for this thing to pay off the difference in electricity costs between it and a regular desktop.

not real long